revolve command

iraj

Dear all

when I use revolve command i can't create 3d object (i mean volume) i dont want surface

how can i do that?

I attached my output file...

Thx a lot

Capture.PNG

Welcome to CADTutor. :)

After opening your drawing, and confirming that it was coplanar, I used the Pedit command, entered M for Multiple, then selected all of the bits, and used the Join option to unify them into a single polyline. I then Closed it on my Quick Properties pallete (could have done it within the PEDIT command), and started the Revolve command.

I do most solid modeling in an isometric perspective, because you can see what is going on more easily than in an ortho perspective.

Follow the prompts at the commandline, including defining the Revolve axis endpoints, and then enter a value for how many degrees you want it revolved, and you should be home free, with a nice 3D Solid.

I chose to leave the defining geometry in the ones I modeled, for clarity, typically would not.

revolved closed polyline.jpg

Given that your original geometry was comprised of eleven different entities (lines and arcs) and wasn't a single, continuous polyline another option is available to you. Invoke the REGION command and when prompted select all eleven entities using an all encompassing window or a crossing window (don't pick them individually) then hit the Enter key. AutoCAD will respond that one region was created. Revolve that region and you are done.

Given that your original geometry was comprised of eleven different entities (lines and arcs) and wasn't a single, continuous polyline another option is available to you. Invoke the REGION command and when prompted select all eleven entities using an all encompassing window or a crossing window (don't pick them individually) then hit the Enter key. AutoCAD will respond that one region was created. Revolve that region and you are done.

Definitely better, I never use Boundary, don't need it quite as badly as in this case, obviously cuts out a few steps. :beer: