Remove distance from each joint

CAD USER

Please find attached Lisp routine,

This Lisp routine I download from 'tzframpton' to draw the duct in double line,

but each joint create some gap (distance), it is possible to remove that gap? so each joint will be overlap each other.

extremely request to modify this lisp routine.

any help will be greatly appreciated.

Duct.LSP

Edited by CAD USER

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• marko_ribar

• CAD USER

• ReMark

• xpr0

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The gap that you refer to is so small it is insignificant. I don't see where it would affect anything. It certainly would not affect the fabrication or installation of any ductwork in my opinion.

BTW...I had to go out five decimal places just to measure it. Tell me... who manufactures ductwork to that tolerance and what installer requires that kind of accuracy?

The gap that you refer to is so small it is insignificant. I don't see where it would affect anything. It certainly would not affect the fabrication or installation of any ductwork in my opinion.

BTW...I had to go out five decimal places just to measure it. Tell me... who manufactures ductwork to that tolerance and what installer requires that kind of accuracy?

Dear ReMark,

Thanks for your response,

Nobody asking for accuracy and it's not required for manufactures duct work,

but after explode multi line each joint has double line and I would like to remove it, if that lines overlapping each other so I can use overkill command.

Hi,

This thread is due to these extra created lines in THIS THREAD

CAD USER: Why are you exploding the multiline in the first place?

Tharwat: So what we really have here is a dissatisfied customer who started a second thread on the exact same subject as his first thread?

Tharwat: So what we really have here is a dissatisfied customer who started a second thread on the exact same subject as his first thread?

Straight to the point. :thumbsup:

CAD USER: Why are you exploding the multiline in the first place?

Dear ReMark,

I am exploding because I have to Draw the "Neck" in Each Main branch and sub branch.

You didn't like the answers you received in the first thread you posted on this very same topic?

Couldn't you mask the multiline using a wipeout when you draw a neck?

You didn't like the answers you received in the first thread you posted on this very same topic?

Couldn't you mask the multiline using a wipeout when you draw a neck?

Dear ReMark,

basically I don't want to keep the duct in multiline, and I don't want extra lines also.

please if you can do something, please do your best, because I have plenty of drawings.

So what was wrong with marko_ribar's lisp routine in the first thread?

I am not saying that was wrong, but it was lengthy procedures.

Then I'd suggest you spend the money to either 1) have a custom lisp routine written to your exact specifications or 2) buy a duct cad drawing program like Trimble DuctDesigner 3D.

Here test attachment lisp modification... Is the same but now without missed end points...

[EDIT : Updated modified code as per last feedback... There were 17 downloads till I reattached file again...]

[EDIT : Fixed small mistake... There were 3 downloads till I reattached file again...]

HTH, M.R.

Duct.LSP

Edited by marko_ribar

Here test attachment lisp modification... Is the same but now without missed end points...

HTH, M.R.

Thanks, Dear marko_ribar for your great help,

I test your given Lisp, it has two problems 1st is after exploding it's converting in one line instead of double line, 2nd is after first elbow second elbow is not coming in radius.

Thanks, Dear marko_ribar for your great help,

I test your given Lisp, it has two problems 1st is after exploding it's converting in one line instead of double line, 2nd is after first elbow second elbow is not coming in radius.

Can you post DWG showing what's wrong... I have to admit I don't quite understand, but I've found other issues, so I've reattached lisp ("Mitered" option)... Bare me, but I think it has no lack in vertices wrong displacements - older had small gaps...

What is so important in deleting the duplicated line? Is this being exported to some type of CNC? Or is it simply an OCD thing you can't let your mind go of? I've been using this LISP for almost ten years and I'm as OCD as they come and the double line doesn't bother me at all. Nor do I explode anything unless it's required.

Not sure if the motivation behind your request is due to some type of actual problem with another process. If not, some duplicated lines are a non issue.

But, there is in fact a fix. What you can do is run the Multiline in your template file and explode it. Once exploded, you can now modify the Multiline Style. Type MLSTYLE, and modify the style to not have a end lines and save this template. Now each time you create a new project, and begin the LISP routine, no more duplicated lines. Hope this helps.

mlstyle.jpg

Tannar, I've fixed it in another way... I've added next mline segment in each loop and added END osnap while creating in between polyline... Then before next loop, I've entdel that next segment, so that final result after all loops are processed is without gaps at point vertices... There is also one trick if you want reducer or wider component - you must draw it as extension of previous segment and in code you must include (if) statement to check for changes of width factor and if changes occur, you must predict not next segment for mlineing, but next of next segment to be able to force hitting end osnaps for in between polyline... Before next loop next of next segment is entdeleted... And that's all... Still maybe I missed something important, but this fix solved this issue posted by OP...