Lt 2016 Keeps Freezing

EhmannA90

Hello, I am hoping someone will be able to help me out. We have 3 users of Autocad LT 2016 in our office and we are all having the same issue, our Autocad will freeze just out of nowhere and the only way to get it working again is to force cad to quite. It usually happens to me in the morning, I will be able to work on what I was from the day before but as soon as I try to change layouts or drawings cad will just stop working. I know one of the other people having the same issue their cad, will just freezer randomly throughout the day. I have download and installed all of the hot fixes and up date for LT 2016 but those didn't seem to fix the problem.

Yeah, save your files locally. Disconnect from the network and work on them as you normally would to see if it freezes.

This software problem,,,maybe the software not completely installed...try to uninstall and install it. Be sure to install and update it as full version.

I'd recommend following RobDraw's advice first. If the problem persists then I'd try a REPAIR of the installation. There is no need at this time to do a complete uninstall/reinstall. That is the choice of last resort.

You also need to better define "freeze".

Does this mean it's non-responsive for 1 minute, 2 minutes, 5 minutes, or you've let it sit for say 30 minutes and ... nothing?

Download Process Monitor and watch the file+registry activity, especially at the moment it freezes.

More on how to do this can be found here.

AutoCad 2016 causing all sorts of strange problems, slow, freezes, crashes and so on. Try setting hardware acceleration to ON and grafichs performens according to the attached picture.

wMBowBWq0s7bgAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

Wouldn't hurt to give your Computer and Graphics card specifications.

I lean towards the Network/IT problem, almost sounds like they could be running scans or maybe even some sort of cleaners or just a poorly set up network. You may be able to spot if anything unusual is running with Task Manager.

In "Graphics Performance" select everything except "High quality geometry (for Capable Devices)", that seems to work a little better.

Thanks for all of the advice everyone, we seemed to have fixed the problem with forcing windows updates and cleaning malware off of everyone's computers.