upgraded from Solidworks 2007 to 2013

gotchy

Hello,

I have changed employment recently and in my last job I was designing machine parts in Solidworks 2007, I am now in a different job and we use Solidworks 20013 here. I find I am wasting a lot of time on zoom, rotate, and pan in that I have to RCL to get a drop down option to use them whereas in 2007 I had icons. or I could use the mouse. Is there a better way to make the selection? Also i can't find construction line. The interface is entirely different.

Any advice anyone would have would be welcome.

Gotchy

I'm assuming that you cannot find your way around the command manager. (Similar to Excel/Word for selecting icons)

you can revert back to icons by right clicking on the tabbed icons and un-select command manager, you can then scroll through the list and select which icons you want.

It's fully customisable, even down to the right click menu options. It will just take a couple of days to adjust.

Here is a free vid I did on the UI. Have to register for my site but thats free.

https://www.solidbox.tv/course/solidworks-ui-customization/

Each year changes a little but customizable S key and keyboard shortcuts and the Tabs are what I like. Any specific questions asl away but in general adopting the new style UI will save you time. One thing I never liked were mouse gestures. Great in fusion, frustrating in solidworks.