How to modify "MLSTYLE"

Dear all;

How to modify "MLSTYLE" that is actively being used in the drawing.

any suggestion or any Lisp...

If you explode every MLINE in the project you can edit the style. So, follow this process: use QSELECT to select all MLINE's in the project, copy/paste into a new drawing and delete all of them from the original. Now, MLSTYLE will be available to edit. Once you make your edits, copy/paste the MLINE's back in from the temporary drawing.

Why don't you just modify the ML Style in the Multi Line Dialog?

Working from the definition, or create NEW based on the old one, and give it a new name.

If need be, that new name could be temporary, you could then change the MLStyles in properties or quick properties.

Why don't you just modify the ML Style in the Multi Line Dialog?

Working from the definition, or create NEW based on the old one, and give it a new name.

If need be, that new name could be temporary, you could then change the MLStyles in properties or quick properties.

I am using lisp to Draw the duct, and it's creating automatically Mline, in MLSTYLE I found DUCT_PIPE, when I am creating new mline style, it's not working because in lisp code mline style name is DUCT_PIPE so it's taking default mline style given in lisp code.

I am using lisp to Draw the duct, and it's creating automatically Mline, in MLSTYLE I found DUCT_PIPE, when I am creating new mline style, it's not working because in lisp code mline style name is DUCT_PIPE so it's taking default mline style given in lisp code.

Now that you mention that, it seems you should have posted this in the Lisp forum, where the many lisp gurus on the forum would see it.

That being said, you could duplicate the lisp, and give it another name, and in that one change the name of the Mline style to something appropriate, and give it a new Alias to run it, with your alternate Duct Mline style.

Of course any card carrying member of the revered Lisperati community, would incorporate a selection switch, enabling the user to choose on the fly. :|

Now that you mention that, it seems you should have posted this in the Lisp forum, where the many lisp gurus on the forum would see it.

That being said, you could duplicate the lisp, and give it another name, and in that one change the name of the Mline style to something appropriate, and give it a new Alias to run it, with your alternate Duct Mline style.

Of course any card carrying member of the revered Lisperati community, would incorporate a selection switch, enabling the user to choose on the fly. :|

yes, you are absolutely right, I duplicate same lisp three times, and I changed mline style name in lisp, but I don't know how to modify further in lisp routine, because I don't know anything about coding.

yes, you are absolutely right, I duplicate same lisp three times, and I changed mline style name in lisp, but I don't know how to modify further in lisp routine, because I don't know anything about coding.

Nor do I, but you will need to redefine the CALL letters for the lisp, which are right at the beginning. Let me find an example and post a screenshot. :|

The screenshot I posted is obviously from a Lee Mac lisp, multilines to polylines, and the way you CALL the lisp is, once you have loaded it, is by entering "ml2pl" at the commandline. So you will need to create unique calls for each of the other 2 Duct lisps which you now have. Once you have done that, and loaded them all, you will be able to run whichever you want by simply entering the unique CALL at the commandline. I hope that helps you, it is really very simple at this point, as you have already created your alternate mline styles and used them in your lisp copies.

Remember to leave the "c:", and don't put a space after the colon, just put the Unique call alias you want to use.

Do not erase the original author's information, regarding who originally created the lisp, and the copyright information if there is any.

Meaning leave all accreditations intact.

lisp call alias.JPG

Edited by Dadgad

Nor do I, but you will need to redefine the CALL letters for the lisp, which are right at the beginning. Let me find an example and post a screenshot. :|

Many thanks Dadgad, that you are initiative to help me.

I made some screenshots that will indicate what changes I want in lisp routine, I left my office and it's on my desktop, tomorrow early morning I will attach it.

in MLSTYLE start line means, start line will be remain at start point, end line will not be remain in this lisp or in mlstyle,

in MLSTYLE end line means, end line will be remain at end point, start line will not be remain in this lisp or in mlstyle,

Images and lisp routine is attached.

in short, in the one lisp routine I need only start line

in another lisp I need only end line

thanks in advance..

START POINT.jpg

START LINE.jpg

END POINT.jpg

END LINE.jpg

START LINE.LSP

END LINE.LSP

Edited by CAD USER