inserting PDF's into Revit

bennyboy86

Hello all,

is it possible to insert PDF's into Revit as an underlay? from what I can find out its a big fat no, but wanted to check here. using revit 2015 release 13.

Thanks all.

Hello all,

is it possible to insert PDF's into Revit as an underlay? from what I can find out its a big fat no, but wanted to check here. using revit 2015 release 13.

Thanks all.

Halam is correct: Currently there is no PDF underlay/import support.

No can do.

AutoCAD can turn them into CAD First..

Just to clarify, AutoCAD 2017 can convert them to DWG if it's a vector PDF. If AutoCAD 2016 or older is being used this will not be possible. However, I use Inkscape which is a free application to import vector based PDF's and export to DXF, subsequently converting to DWG after open/inspect/scale (if necessary)/save.

Also, converting to any common image format (PNG, TIFF, JPG) works in Revit but DWG is far better if possible.

I am not very familiar with working with DWF but it should be the Autodesk alternative to work with it instead of PDF..

Convert it to DWF and use this as underlay. Is this an option to consider Tannar?

• 1 year later...