Exporting Tool Palettes to older CAD

I am having a bit of an issue. My work computer has AutoCAD 2015 on it, my home computer has AutoCAD 2013. Yesterday I tried exporting a couple of the tool palettes I use at work so I could work from home. I exported them and emailed the .xtp files to myself. I got home and tried to import the xtp files and they came in but they weren't recognized and the objects from the palettes could not be placed into any drawing. I even tried dragging the .xtp file into a new drawing and that did not work. Is it because the palette came from ACAD 2015 and was going into ACAD 2013? If so, is there a way to save back to 2013 when exporting?

do you have all the objects you want on your home computer? I understand the palette to be a reference to where to find the object, not the object itself.

do you have all the objects you want on your home computer? I understand the palette to be a reference to where to find the object, not the object itself.

Now that you mention it, no. That would make sense. Now then do I just copy the blocks (in this case) and paste them into my CAD at home?

I think so, but you may have to replicate paths, its a long time since I tried it. If they are just blocks I would tend to copy them all in to a folder on your home computer and either make it one of youor pathed folders and insert them from the command line or create a new palette from that folder.

Has been a long time for me too, all of this used to be second nature...
certainly was and I've now done my best to forget most of it.