Excluding a hatch for ribs.

yahia madieh

Double click the veiw window you want to edit or right click and select edit view then selected view options tab, then deselect then hatching box.

Gazza

I think the way that Inventor is hatching the section is correct as you are slicing the part in half. I believe the drawing you have listed as "Right" is actually incorrect. This is just my opinion.

I think the way that Inventor is hatching the section is correct as you are slicing the part in half. I believe the drawing you have listed as "Right" is actually incorrect. This is just my opinion.

Well, conventionally in technical drawing you don't hatch ribs, webs, shafts and fasteners. Looks like the rib feature in inventor doesn't follow that convention.

If its going to be welded, model the rib in a separate file and set the file properties to not participate in the hatch. I don't know if there is a setting for the rib feature have never used it.

inventorrib.jpg

Edited by czc
Add image

I stand corrected. I apologize for misinformation. I can confirm that if you add the rib to the part in an assembly, you can turn off the hatch for the rib.