Break line

Hello maybe someone can help me with this. I'm trying to draw a break line and I use the command and when I insert the break line at midpoint it appears very wide. I've tried to adjust the size but it doesn't change the width. I attached a screen shot of what I am getting. I'm using the size as 1/8". I had tried adjusting the size bu no change.

Break Line.docx

My guess is that 1) You are zoomed in way to tight and 2) your breakline size is way too small.

Look at the command line. When the BREAKLINE command is started you are provided with the following information:

Block= BRKLINE.DWG, Size= 1/2", Extension= 1 1/4"

Specify first point for breakline or [block/Size/Extension]:

Type "S" (without the quotation marks) for Size, press the Enter key, and try using a value of 5. You can ignore the Extension option for the moment. Then continue on with the command as you normally would. What was the result?

BTW....I've already tested this approach so I know what will happen.