Drawing units

Baber62

Need a lisp routine to set the drawing units similar to the -dwgunits command, but need user interface with radio buttons to allow easy selection.

Any help would be appreciated.

Are you trying to change the units in an existing drawing or drawings, or just ensure that people know what they are doing?

I love the -dwgunits command, just wondering if your desires might be better served by the creation of multiple custom templates, in different units, which would include lots of other proprietary styles?

You could then create a custom palette, with distinctive names, or create custom macros for each different one.

I can understand your trepidations about unleashing the -dwgunits command on the uninitiated. :beer:

A loose cannon could really rock the boat.

Edited by Dadgad

Hi Dadgad no it not existing drawings I'm meddling with although god only knows how many times I have had to deal with that problem. It's about setting up a new drawing as the unlearned think that by setting the insunits to meters the whole drawing is converted to meters. I have created a script file which sets the units to meters using the -dwgunits command, however, if we had a user interface which when run presented you with all the units that you could choose from and by clicking the radio buttons you could set up the units for the drawings quickly. As you are well aware that the uninitiated do not tend to explore the cad commands but just use what is simplest for them.

something like this

(defun civ_units ()
(SETQ ANGBASEE (GETVAR "ANGBASE"))
(SETQ ANGDIRR (GETVAR "ANGDIR"))
(SETQ LUNITSS (GETVAR "LUNITS"))
(SETQ LUPRECC (GETVAR "LUPREC"))
(SETQ AUNITSS (GETVAR "AUNITS"))
(SETQ AUPRECC (GETVAR "AUPREC"))

(SETVAR "LUNITS" 2)
(SETVAR "ANGBASE" 0.0)
(SETVAR "ANGDIR" 0)
(SETVAR "LUPREC" 0)