Need help to make a surface

Faouweb

Hi :)

I have used the Extract Intersections between two surfaces to get a complex line but I dont know how to give a thickness to it :(

How can I give a thickness to make it a solid?

Thank you ;)

surface.png

Have you tried the THICKEN command?

BTW...the red object. Is it a spline? If it is then THICKEN will not work. However you could loft two splines to create an extruded surface then use THICKEN to create a solid.

Edited by ReMark

Make the two primitive forms. Them use the interfere command to create the boolean operation. Them You get the surface that way (after you explode the solid) then all you need to do is thicken the surface.. You could also duplicate it and subtract them. Maybe there are smarter ways..)

Thank you ReMark and halam for your help.

BTW...the red object. Is it a spline? If it is then THICKEN will not work. However you could loft two splines to create an extruded surface then use THICKEN to create a solid.
Make the two primitive forms. Them use the interfere command to create the boolean operation. Them You get the surface that way (after you explode the solid) then all you need to do is thicken the surface.. You could also duplicate it and subtract them. Maybe there are smarter ways..)

I have 2 solutions ;)

surface2.png

• 1 month later...

To obtain a solid like n.3 you could use sweep.

to obtain a form like n.5 you could break the curve in 4 parts.then use edgesurf and then thicken.