1. Is this seller of older versions of software, legit/legal?

mechaniker

r2004 (iirc) is the last version not to "call home" to register.

Mechaniker, if you are looking for low cost 2D CAD have a look at Draftsight. They have a free version as well as a Professional version ($99 at the moment). It is pretty much a copy of older versions of LT. Keyboard commands and all.

If you are a start up company and are looking for a 3D mechanical product then take a look at AutoDesk Fusion 360. It is free for start ups and small businesses that make less than $100K revenue a year.

Don't give these guys your money for illegal software, don't lose your money either with a scam. Good luck sir :)

Sean

Draftsight is pretty much a copy of older versions of LT.

WHAT? How is that possible? I don't think it is a direct copy. Is it?

I won't buy illegal, sir.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mechaniker

• f700es

• ReMark

• Cad64

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

http://www.hoax-slayer.com/cheap-software-spam.html

You will notice, in all of those sites you posted links to, not only are they selling old versions of Autocad, they are also selling the 2016 version at an extremely low price. None of those sites are legit and you should stay away from them. You can only purchase software legally through the company or an authorized reseller.

They are also selling the 2016 version at an extremely low price.

Yes, that is a good indication it is illegal.Thanks

Then AutoDesk Fusion 360 is what you are looking for.

Is it in the same league as solidworks? If yes, why would it be available for free?

Is there a thread about the comparison of CADs?

Thanks

Is it in the same league as solidworks? If yes, why would it be available for free?

I don't think anyone said it was free? :unsure:

There is a trial version available here: http://www.autodesk.com/products/fusion-360/overview?src=OMSE&mktvar002=638405&gclid=CjwKEAjw6_q5BRCOp-Hj-IfHwncSJABMtDai3aqEPI4EGtqggnmtrSg8fZM4s6ju3KEHZeW6U8OzXBoCFk7w_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds. After the trial ends you will have to pay a subscription fee to continue using it.

It is free to a select group of users....

Hmmmm, I think I fall into that select group of users. Maybe I should download a copy for my own personal use.

That's what I did. I said I was a hobbyist. Someone from AutoDesk actually called me this week to ask what I thought of the program and wanted to know if I had any questions. He even told me where I could find more tutorials.

Ugh, I hate that. :roll: The last time I downloaded a trial version of something I got a sales guy calling and emailing me constantly wanting to know what I thought about the program and when did I think I would be ready to purchase. This went on for several weeks until I finally told the guy to leave me alone, and because of the constant harassment, I would not be purchasing the program at all. So I guess I won't download Fusion 360. I don't need the program and I don't want to deal with the pushy sales people.

It is free to a select group of users....

[ATTACH]58128[/ATTACH]

Shoot, anyone can fall into the hobbisyst role ;)

Just to note, that site in the OP is offering Windows 10 Home Edition at the reduced price of E69.95.

Err.. you can still get Win10 FREE from Microsoft, in fact its hard to stop them trying to give it to you, why would you pay someone for it?

Just to note, that site in the OP is offering Windows 10 Home Edition at the reduced price of E69.95.

Err.. you can still get Win10 FREE from Microsoft, in fact its hard to stop them trying to give it to you, why would you pay someone for it?

Point taken.

The Win 10 upgrade is free not the full copy. 2 different things. To use the free upgrade you must have at least Win 7 installed.

Doh, I forgot that, if you have XP or Vista then yes you have to pay for Win 10.

There again if your machine is still running XP its probably old enough to mean you would want to update the hardware before installing Win10.

It would usually be easier/cheaper to get a new machine with Win10 already installed.

There was a way to get a free upgrade, sort of, from Vista (and XP), I'm not sure if it still works though.

The trick was to join the Windows Insider Programme, that lets you download the 'preview' (beta test) versions of Win10.

I know that Vista users who joined before the release to market of Win10 are still getting new insider builds, they just can't get a free licence to convert these to the market build.

Of course the insider builds are actually more advanced than the market build, although there may be a few bugs.

As I say though I'm not sure whether Vista users can still join the insider programme.

There is also an issue as to whether it is legal to keep using insider builds in this way, even though they are sent directly to you by Microsoft itself.

Sorry gone a bit off topic there.

Yes, one could have signed up with the Windows Insider program and got to keep their Windows 10 copy. I had a copy of it on another PC at home for a while. I work at a University and can buy a copy of Windows 10 for $9.95 so I deleted my Insider copy of 10.