How do we could seperate the object have been subtracted, as keep as solid object ???

Deby Ferdian

When we subtract more then one object they will become united object and solid profile. "Question is ~

How do we could seperate them as keep as solid object if we want to make a revision or editting for example here. I want to move that object one of them which were been a united object onto another coordinates ???

#sorry about my english experience..

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• Deby Ferdian

• Ski_Me

• rkent

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes.. but it's like the command still not available for Autocad 2013.

That does not sound right. The command should be available on the Edit Solids toolbar at the very least.

Ooo.. ya, ya, ! I've late to realized this all. You mean the "separate" command at the solid edit. Right?

I think the OP means subtract but he wants to keep what is left over from the original solid. So (I'm not a modeler here so bear with me) create a solid the same size as what you want to subtract from your original solid or mass then make a copy of it. If you need to just cut a solid then just create a cutting plane which should create 2 solids from you original solid. That's what I remember doing when I had the modeling class.

If what I had suggested as a solution to the problem did not work I would have expected the OP to return and say so. It's possible that after a subtraction the OP thought he had two distinctly separate objects that he could work on independently only to find out that AutoCAD was still treating them as a single entity.

Does separate mean disconnecting 2 connected solids or does it mean taking a part of 1 solid away. I thought I read it right because he said subtract but then again the question is not very clear.

I believe the OP was trying to separate two non-joined solids that AutoCAD was treating as a single entity.

An example....

Separate Objects in ACAD.jpg

Starting on the left. The reddish rectangle is subtracted from the gray one. The result is in the middle. AutoCAD treats those two remaining parts of the original gray rectangle as a single entity. Invoke the SEPARATE command and pick the entity (either side; it does not matter). AutoCAD breaks the invisible bond between the two objects (result is on the right) and now the user can edit either on an individual basis. Got it?

OP, use Interfere, when the dialog pops up at the end unselect the box check marked to Delete interference objects created on Close. Once you close then you can use the created solid to subtract with. About the same amount of steps as making a copy of the object and subtracting one of those.

Ok that makes sense now and I remember now doing this exercise like 20 something years ago. Back to the original question does the OP want to keep the part that's subtracted? That's what is confusing about this.

Yeah ,.. And yes, you are very really absolutely right mr.@ReMark you raelly only can always understand me @ReMark and for the others thanks for taking the time and maybe sorry about my experience language it doesn't good. Doesn't it??? Still mess up and need more expected more be smoothly longer in write and create a question .. :D

Edited by Deby Ferdian
Correction!

First, you don't have to insert the symbol in front of my name or anyone's name for that matter. Plain "ReMark" will do.

Second, are you saying the SEPARATE command solved your problem?

:lol: Umm.. u'yeah that m.. yeah if it so,, I'm sorry ReMark! I didn't intend to offend you..

and you do should not to ask me that in your second statements because I have give a statements first if I was and yeah yes did it with very well with no complaints..

No offense was taken.

I sort of figured that was the case but the wording of your reply was a little difficult to comprehend.

sorry about my experience language it doesn't good. Doesn't it??? Still mess up and need more expected more be smoothly longer in write and create a question

You might want to try using Google Translate. Just choose your language, type in your message and it will be converted to English which you can then copy and paste here. It doesn't always get the conversion exactly right, but it will probably make your posts easier to read and understand.

That's why I'm here guys.. The actually I have not just only learn for some an AutoCAD insight and also in meanwhile I also have trying to learning your language in here guys at this forum directly with watching your daily dialogue with me and/or all of your wirtten throughly.. Please and If you have a complaints and wants correction and time so much about my language, grammer, written or anything. Please.. make be empty for me and don't mention it because I'll be really very happy soon and with full my heart to pleasure receiving that all!

Even the way the google translate is not very efficient in this case. Cad64

Edited by Deby Ferdian
Add some words !