Graphic file in AutoCAD

robottom

good day,

I have such a problem happened, the day before yesterday I copied the data on the flash drive and safely extracted it.

Yesterday I opened AutoCAD 2016 and wanted to continue working on the image, but jumped out the error - the file will not be opened. Repeatedly tried to open it, no success. Backup files from the flash drive as well opens with an error.

Suggest solutions, please.

What is not opening? The drawing itself or an image file that was attached to the drawing?

What is the exact wording of the error message you are receiving?

Always make two copies. Put one on Google Drive, or Dropbox or A360, or something else....

Then verify you can open the copy before deleting the original.

Speaking of.... do you not have access to the original any more?

After you answer the questions in the post from @ReMark, we may be able to help some more....

What is not opening? The drawing itself or an image file that was attached to the drawing?

What is the exact wording of the error message you are receiving?

I can't open drawing file, the exact error is "File will not open."

Always make two copies. Put one on Google Drive, or Dropbox or A360, or something else....

Then verify you can open the copy before deleting the original.

Speaking of.... do you not have access to the original any more?

After you answer the questions in the post from @ReMark, we may be able to help some more....

Yes, I haven't access to file.

It looks like Autocad file damaged, I don't know.

It's still not 100% clear what you are trying to do.

Are you opening AutoCAD (or MEP as your profile suggests) and then going to the OPEN command, selecting a .DWG file, and then it comes back with a dialog that says "File will not open"?

Because I've never seen that message. When a file is corrupt, it either crashes AutoCAD, or it starts to open and you get one of these messages:

dwgfileisnotvalid.jpg

requires.jpg

corrupt1.jpg

corrupt2.jpg

robottom:

Regarding damaged or corrupt AutoCAD drawing files...https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/AutoCAD-File-Corruption.html

I read the original post multiple times and it is very likely that the OP is trying to open an image file with AutoCAD.

I read the original post multiple times and it is very likely that the OP is trying to open an image file with AutoCAD.

Refer to post #4 where the OP states "I can't open drawing file."

Edited by ReMark

Remark,

You are absolutely correct and I stand corrected.

I tried to open an image file with AutoCAD and the error is "File of not a valid format"

It would help immensely if the OP answered the questions put to him in a timely manner. What could have been solved in short order will now extend another day. On the other hand if it takes this long to arrive at an answer it could only mean the drawing either wasn't all that important or the OP decided to start over from scratch.

Well, if you DO manage to open AutoCAD, the run the OPEN command and manipulate the select file dialog so that you CAN pick an IMAGE file, when you do, you get this:

fom.png

I'm still trying to figure out what sort of circumstances lead to an error message of "File will not open"

robottom:

Regarding damaged or corrupt AutoCAD drawing files...https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/AutoCAD-File-Corruption.html

Thanks a lot, I'll try