Jagged lines when viewing Conceptual

Murphy625

Hi,

My drawing is made from a bunch of solid objects.. Its a wooden structure where each piece of dimensional lumber is its own solid.

When I view the drawing in conceptual isometric view, the edges of all my solids have saw tooth jaggies. This also happens in 2d wireframe view too.

I tried fixing it in the visual styles manager but no luck.. When looking at the settings for conceptual, there's a parameter called "jitter".. Its stuck on medium and won't let me change it.. Not sure if that would have helped or not.

My system is an I5-2500K, 8gigs ram, and a GTX960 card on a 27 inch monitor.

Why can't I get smooth lines without the saw-tooth effect?

Check the settings on your video card and make sure it's driver is up to date. NVIDIA has something called MFAA which is an amped up version of anti-aliasing. Go to your NVIDIA control panel and check your settings there first, just right click on your desktop and select it. After that start AutoCAD go to file select options click on the system tab and then the graphics performance tab, then select all the hardware features available for your card smooth line display should be one of the features.

What is your screen resolution?

Are you using one of the four standard isometric views?

1920 x 1080..

Jaggies are visible in all isometric views.. using the standard buttons or a custom angle.

Check the settings on your video card and make sure it's driver is up to date. NVIDIA has something called MFAA which is an amped up version of anti-aliasing. Go to your NVIDIA control panel and check your settings there first, just right click on your desktop and select it. After that start AutoCAD go to file select options click on the system tab and then the graphics performance tab, then select all the hardware features available for your card smooth line display should be one of the features.

Driver is up to date as of January 2015. File Select Options??? Huh? When I click on the File tab, there is no "Select Options" or "System Tab".. Can't find a Graphics Performance tab anywhere under any menu.

File Select Options??? Huh? When I click on the File tab, there is no "Select Options" or "System Tab".. Can't find a Graphics Performance tab anywhere under any menu.

It's not in the "File" menu it's in the "Tools" menu. And it's not "Select Options", it's just "Options". Or you can just type OPTIONS at the command line.

Once you have your Options dialog open on screen, go to the "System" tab, but it's not "Graphics Performance" though, it's "3D Performance".

Or Type 3DCONFIG on the command line.

The Nvidia site shows several driver releases since January, latest was May 23rd.

I did find it under the 3d performance and I unchecked a few boxes.. not much if any difference.. Do you really think a driver update for the last 5 months would make a difference?

It certainly shouldn't hurt, as they were trying to improve something. :|

Always a good idea to use the latest drivers, should there be a problem caused by the new one, roll the driver back to the previous one.

Do you really think a driver update for the last 5 months would make a difference?
I doubt it, but as Dadgad said, it wouldn't hurt.

When you were in the 3DConfig settings, did you click the "Manual Tune" button and check to see if Hardware Acceleration was enabled? You might try enabling or disabling and see if it makes a difference.

I did find it under the 3d performance and I unchecked a few boxes.. not much if any difference.. Do you really think a driver update for the last 5 months would make a difference?

There were several updates during that time, so they definitely were addressing some issue(s).

Post a few screenshots.