orthographic to isometric help

shadowblitz3

Hi,

I am trying to draw an isometric version of this part from first angle orthographic projections. But I just can't do it :cry:

IMG_20160524_215404.jpg

Save yourself the headache and create a 3D model then derive the 2D isometric from the model. So much easier.

However, if you insist on doing it in 2D remember you'll need to use the ELLLIPSE command's Isocircle option.

OK...here is my rough approximation, given that no dimensions were provided, of what the object would look like as a 3D model using a standard SE isometric view.

Plate23_1.JPG

And these 2D views, derived via the FLATSHOT command, basically support my premise.

Plate23_2.JPG

Hope this helps. Good luck.

Edited by ReMark

Shadowblitz: Have you made any progress on your 2D isometric?

No response? Did you decide to drop the course instead?

Edited by ReMark

• 1 month later...
Shadowblitz: Have you made any progress on your 2D isometric?

No response? Did you decide to drop the course instead?

I'm terribly sorry for my uber late response but yeah thanks a lot for helping out,

also I managed to pass that course but now Im now taking its prerequisite and our dick of an instructor never really teach us anything, just hands out plates after plates

we're now at making cross sectional views and have a new plate that I need some help on lol

IMG_20160712_093234.jpg

So what is the problem? Should be easy to create a cross section using the SECTIONPLANE command. Or, if you want to, you can create the 3D model and cut the section(s) yourself using the Object or the Surface option of the SLICE command. You should learn/practice all options so you have a good understanding of which works best for any given situation.

Edited by ReMark

also we have to rotate the figure so the x becomes a vertical cross

You should know how to rotate a 3D model already.

How to rotate a 3D object around an axis...https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2016/ENU/AutoCAD-Core/files/GUID-8E0010A3-EF81-4FA8-A0BF-B0961910DFD8-htm.html

Two top views and a section. In this example I copied the 3D model then created a section using the SLICE command > Surface option. I used the 3DROTATE command to rotate the section into the correct position. Visual style = Conceptual.

SectionExample.JPG

Another link for you re: creating sectional views using the BASEVIEW command. Note that this command places the blocks that are created in a layout and not in model space. You could also use the combination of two commands SOLVIEW and SOLDRAW to do something similar but I think BASEVIEW is much simpler.

http://www.cad-notes.com/autocad-2013-create-section-and-detail-views/

Two top views and a section. In this example I copied the 3D model then created a section using the SLICE command > Surface option. I used the 3DROTATE command to rotate the section into the correct position. Visual style = Conceptual.

[ATTACH]58566[/ATTACH]

Another link for you re: creating sectional views using the BASEVIEW command. Note that this command places the blocks that are created in a layout and not in model space. You could also use the combination of two commands SOLVIEW and SOLDRAW to do something similar but I think BASEVIEW is much simpler.

http://www.cad-notes.com/autocad-2013-create-section-and-detail-views/

again thanks a lot for your help, will really try to learn all this and make them myself for a change

Actually, these are THIRD angle projections used in the USA. The ROW (rest of world) uses first angle projections which would put your top view below the front view.

Thanks for the primer but I was not demonstrating how to set up orthographic views. It was merely to show the rotation of the 3D model and a section cut through it.

ReMark, my comment was aimed at the OP. As a student he should know the difference between first and third angle projections. I know you know better!