Direct Distance Entry

When moving/copying objects Using OSnap Tracking and Polar Tracking I can usually set base/destination points by specifying a distance from a snap point by getting the tacking hairs correct and just typing in the distance. I had to reset my profile today, which happens from time to time, and that ability is now gone. If I'm not using OSnap tracking, the direct entry works fine.

For example, I want to move a rectangle so that it is 2" from a point. Normally, I could get OSnap tracking going from the corner of the rectangle and type 2+Enter and the base point would be 2" from the corner in the direction of the tracking. Alternatively, I could pick the corner as my base point and apply the distance from the destination using tracking. Now, when OSnap tracking is active and I type 2+Enter, it picks some arbitrary point that has nothing to do with cursor location of distance typed.

It's not DYNMODE, I get the same result with it on or off.

Right click on the button that turns Dynamic Entry on or off and there's a settings menu where you can sort it out how you want it.

dJE

I'm sorry, it is Dynamic Input. I was stuck on trying to make the OSnap tracking work because direct entry was working as expected when not using OSnap tracking.

OSnap Tracking.PNG

Its not quite the same but one of the additions I looked at for the auto move in X Y Z using type X20 move 20 right pick object. Type Y234 etc this uses the error checking routine I wrote a while ago, I did not proceed because I was not sure how many would use it. let me know.

Goto page 2

http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?93661-Lisp-for-fillet-

Thanks BIGAL, but the issue has been solved and I am now able to do direct distance entry for both the base and destination points.