Can't explod hatch patterns

I am using AutoCAD 2015 and I'm unable to explode hatch patterns. I tested the file with other computers in the office and it worked fine so it has to be a setting on my machine. Under the hatch and gradient window the associative option is grayed out. I have tried the "HPASSOC" command and it was set to . Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Just need a drawing with some hatching in it. It doesn't have to be the size of Texas; Rhode Island would do well enough.

Sorry, It's only a tiny 3" x 3" area of hatch now and it's still over 1 mg. I've tried purging but I still can't get the file to upload.

Thanks anyway!

• 3 weeks later...
I am using AutoCAD 2015 and I'm unable to explode hatch patterns. I tested the file with other computers in the office and it worked fine so it has to be a setting on my machine. Under the hatch and gradient window the associative option is grayed out. I have tried the "HPASSOC" command and it was set to . Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Is it a block that you imported from an external source? If so i do not think that you can explode it.

• 2 weeks later...

RobDraw is correct and many others will give you the same advise. But if you are importing a block from an external source here is how you can do it. Not hard just time consuming. The following is using a mouse & keyboard.

pull up the drawing that you want to import the block to. use VIEW - ZOOM - ALL pick a clear spot to import the block you want (usually to the right of your drawing.)

Import the block to a clear area --- use VIEW - ZOOM - WINDOW draw a window around the block this gives you only the block to work on.

click on the "make a block icon" or type block on the command line.

this will give you the block making window the will pop up on your screen.

(left my notes at home so will have to wing it from here)

at the top will be a window asking for the block name name it so that you will know what it is

on the left side of the window will be a icon (with a arrow pointing to it) asking you to choose article

click on this icon

the window will be disappear

type w on the command line

press enter on the keyboard

draw a window around your block that you have imported --- LEAVE 1 LINE THAT YOU CAN GET TO EASY

use erase and click on the line that you did not draw over

draw the line you left to compete your block

right click the mouse button or press enter on the keyboard

your make a block screen will reappear on the left side of the screen will be another icon with an arrow pointing to it labeled pick insertion point click on it

window will disappear again pick a spot on the block that you have just made

click the right mouse button or press enter on the keyboard

now choose erase and erase the block that you just made

use VIEW - ZOOM - PREVIOUS do this until you are back to where it tells you no previous view save

go to where you want to insert the block you just made

chose insert and choose the block that you just made tell it ok

insert the block explode it do what you want then.

I am using AutoCAD 2015 and I'm unable to explode hatch patterns.

Why? What is stopping you?

Here is what the command process should be like. How is your's different?

Command: EXPLODE
Select objects: 1 found [i]( <-- select the hatch )[/i]
Select objects:
Command: [i](Okay, it's exploded)[/i]

Use the LIST command and then pick the Hatch, paste the result here.

I have seen a similar issue where the issue was the hatch was a clipped block. are these hatches freshly created or did you copy the hatch from another file?

is there a little blue arrow grip that shows up when you select this hatch?

Plus, the OP asked about a hatch. No mention of a block at all.

Dog gone it i did it again. Have to start paying more attention to what i am eading.