Help making this for my solidworks final? (picture)

jeon

So I have to make this for my engineering final in school, and we use Solidworks (I attached a picture and I'm not sure if it's going to show up, but it's worth a shot). I joined this class really late into the year though, so I'm still pretty new to everything and I'm not very good at Solidworks but now the year is ending and we have to do finals, and I have no idea how to do my final because I'm not as experienced as my other classmates and I'm not allowed to ask for my teacher's help. But if anyone here could help walk me through how to do this, I would really appreciate it.

Oh, and also I've already figured out how to make the main, shelled out part of it. I just need help on how I would make the handle and cone on top. Thanks so much and please respond, I'm really stuck on this

It's not hard to draw tha part as it given in all views, could you post how much you drawn? and the top round shape you might use loft method.

First draw the center image which is in drawing and you will be on the way. You will get help here from Matt, however you should know why School is conducting exam for project?

It's not hard to draw tha part as it given in all views, could you post how much you drawn? and the top round shape you might use loft method.

First draw the center image which is in drawing and you will be on the way. You will get help here from Matt, however you should know why School is conducting exam for project?

Hi, thanks for replying. And I wish I could post how much of it I've already done, but unfortunately it's in a file thats on one of the classroom computers at school and not in my personal possession. As for the top shape, I thought it was supposed to be a revolve? I'm not sure, but I'll try what you suggested. And this project part of my final exam for school is only part of the exam, there's another written part as well but I just need help on this. Is it possible if I can just get a little more help, like how to make the handle? Would I have to make a spline or something? Thanks in advance

jeon,

Solidworks offers many ways to do the same thing. I'll give you one way. Sketch a single line to the exact center of the side view of your handle by dimensions. Go into plane mode, Select the line then select any end-point, this will create a plane normal to and perpendicular to the line that you sketched. On this plane and the end point that you selected, sketch a circle to the dimension that you want the diameter of the handle. This is called your profile, and the single line you sketched is called the path, select Swept Boss Base and , select your path, and select your profile, hit OK and your handle will be created. You can mount the handle by assembly. Cut-extrude two round recesses, to the handle diameter, and .010" deep on the rear planar face of your shelled out unit where the handle should be located. mate the handle ends to the recesses and you should be golden.

Good luck,

Chubarka

Image01526.jpg

Image01527.jpg

Image01528.jpg

Edited by chubarka

Ah, thank you so much for answering and for the detailed explanation! I'll give it my best shot. Your help is greatly appreciated (:

The fact that you aren't allowed to ask the teacher for help leads me to believe you shouldn't be asking for help here either. There are dozens of different ways to make solid geometry and chubarka already told you how to do tje handle. Regardless of when you joined the class the drawing should be do able after an hour or two of "essentials" class. If you have specific questions not related to the exam question I am happy to help, but unfortunately given the fact that this is your quiz it would not be fair to you or your classmates to assist you.

Sorry.