Design review merge

Kemphas

Gents,

I submit many packages to teams in the field, I tend to get back 5 - 8 sets of red lines from various people with the same revision of drawings, some pages have been left out in the rain, some are missing pages or out of order. I would like Design review to merge the files but when merging I would not like to have the DWF with duplicates of each page. How I am looking for it to work is if I got 5 DWF's back from 5 different people all on the same drawing package I would like to merge the file and their comments would overlay eachother on one instance of the page. The pages would be easily identified as the same page as their page name would be the same coming from the same original DWF fiel. I would hope to be able to add a profile to the merge and name the person it came from and possibly hide the persons comments etc.

The help on Design review "combine dwf files" does not produce the fruit desired.

Thoughts?

- Thank You.

What you want and what you would end up with would be two vastly different things. I think the result would be an unreadable mess as comments and other types of notation would most likely fall on top of each other.

Well, a package generally has more than one drawing in it and have various components in which for example the programmer would be editing ip address notations, the vibration pages would be noted by the vibration technician etc...

Your concerns would be mitigated by the layers from the individual imports that was mentioned.

Thanks for your opinion, I assume from your response you don't know of a way this can be done.

OK...you want all the comments from five or more teams to appear on one page for each sheet of the contract. Assign a color code to each team and have them follow some sort of system to submit their additions, deletions and/or corrections to each sheet. Team A gets first crack. Then they forward the drawings to Team B and so on down the line. The last team to receive the drawings finishes their review and they are responsible for getting the whole package back to you. That would keep them from writing in the exact same area as another team leaving you to sort the whole mess out.

Yeah well, this forum use to be a place I could get answers beyond that of the inability of the tech support personnel for a contract the company I work with acquired. That contract was denied renewal as they couldn't answer any questions and the people here knew more.

With that said, the lack of viable fruit to questions frequented a condescending attitude it doesn't make much sense to ever return. I read a bit of the forums, and the tone for quite some time to many people from the long time members is very arrogant.

adios muchachos.

Lack of viable fruit?

This forum is populated by volunteers and as such answers may not be forthcoming on a timetable to match your needs. That's just the way it is. Not to mention people may be busy working or on vacation. That's just the way it is.