Upgrade to Light or Regular

Chilidawg

We are a small office with about 10-12 people who regularly use AutoCAD.

We have two copies of full 2014, the rest of full 2012.

I have been asked if a newer version of light would be preferable.

Right now, 2012 sometimes strains my computer and it crashes.

We mostly use Cad for simple 2D design drawings, often using TIFF or PDF backgrounds. We never use 3D, so if the Light version less expensive and less hardware intensive, I have no problem with switching.

My biggest issue is that we often get drawings from architects and engineers. I need to be able to open and work from these drawings. Some of these drawing may contain features such as parametric constraints that are not supported in the Light version.

Is this a potential issue?

Thanks

Note that LT does not support lisp routines, and anything heavier than that such as ARX, or .NET code - just in case you are using any 3rd party add-ons now.

I don't have access to LT at the moment, but it supposedly supports parametric constraints and dimensional constraints.

I would download the 30 day trial and give it a spin with your variety of drawings and see how it works.

If you must go light go for one of the clones that still support lisp etc once you give it up you will regret the day. A liitle program somewhere will pop up.

With 10 users you should be using Lisp to improve day to day tasks.