New and stuck please help!

Helix42

Hey everyone i'm new to AutoCAD i need to make an adapter plate and need a bit of help, i'm trying to make two tapered holes in the plate with specific diameters on each end and i have tried cones but i don't know how to put them in the solid rectangle plate, and i have tried extruding circles but i don't have a taper angle to input only the top and bottom diameters. can someone please help

Regards Helix

Welcome to CADTutor Helix42. :)

If you know the thickness of the plate, and the diameters of the two holes, you don't need to know the taper angle.

Create a circle on one face, then offset it by the thickness of the plate, in the appropriate direction, corresponding to the axis of the hole center.

Then you can click on whichever circle needs to be resized, and in Properties, change the Diameter to the appropriate dimension.

Use the Loft command to create the solid represented by these two circles.

Make sure your setting is to create a SOLID, and after you create it, you can use the Subtract command to remove the 3D Solid which represents the hole.

I would do this exercise in an Isometric perspective, as it makes it easier to see what is really going on, than in an orthogonal view.

Read the commandline prompts carefully as you do it, and it should be easy.

Are you going to be making two identical holes? If so, just copy your first lofted Solid the required distance and direction on the plate.