Autocad 2017 + Nvidia GTX 965M + 16gb ram = sluggish performance for 2d work????

PB80

I'm running Autocad 2017 on an Asus ROG 17" (specs below) and even simple 2d cad work is sluggish. The mouse stalls for a second or commands take a second to kick in after hitting enter. SOOOOOOO annoying because I have a deadline. Guys, I've tried enabling/disabling hardware accelaration, I've updated the graphics card firmware.... and nothing. I want to cry.:cry: Please help! What am I doing wrong? Why the hell did I buy this powerful machine? For what? I dont game!! :cry::cry::cry::cry:

Processor 2.6 GHz Core i7-4720HQ

RAM 16 GB DDR3

Memory Speed 1600 MHz

Hard Drive 1024 GB HDD 5400 rpm

Graphics Coprocessor NVIDIA GTX965M 2GB GDDR5

Chipset Brand NVIDIA

Card Description dedicated

Graphics Card Ram Size 2000 MB

Is the Nvidia video card enabled as the system default? When I installed my card, I found I had to enable the thing myself. Who'd a thunkit?

Is the Nvidia video card enabled as the system default? When I installed my card, I found I had to enable the thing myself. Who'd a thunkit?

It's a laptop, "GTX965M" The "M"means mobile.

How could I check to see if it's actually enabled?

How could I check to see if it's actually enabled?
Through the Nvidia console dialog, or through Windows control panel device manager. Enable and set as default. I don't remember the details. Four years ago I had a GTX650 or some such Nvidia card installed in my laptop. Once I discovered I had not yet actually turned it on, I was good to go. bought the computer new with the card in it from Dell, and they apparently didn't really finish up the install.

1.Make sure u install the last sp. Reset ur sysvar.3.stop crying

Sent from my Lenovo PB1-770M using Tapatalk

If I am not mistaken. The TS is not so EXPERT AS YOU DO. so please do not be so sarcastic.

sent by Wehlee

If I am not mistaken. The TS is not so EXPERT AS YOU DO. so please do not be so sarcastic.

sent by Wehlee

Just used some humor and I was reading it with my phone so couldn’t get into details

Anyway….

1.make sure to reset system variables, All Programs > Autodesk > Autocad > Reset Autocad.

2. service packs are a little software Autodesk release after a new version launch in order to fix bugs.

3.make sure no AEC objects and proxies are existing in your drawing. Etransmit the drawing, and in the profile make sure to choose to convert to autocad with AEC exploded.

4.if you invest in a powerful pc, consider to use Autodesk verified graphic cards.

what is TS?

Just used some humor and I was reading it with my phone so couldn’t get into details

Anyway….

1.make sure to reset system variables, All Programs > Autodesk > Autocad > Reset Autocad.

2. service packs are a little software Autodesk release after a new version launch in order to fix bugs.

3.make sure no AEC objects and proxies are existing in your drawing. Etransmit the drawing, and in the profile make sure to choose to convert to autocad with AEC exploded.

4.if you invest in a powerful pc, consider to use Autodesk verified graphic cards.

what is TS?

It is not Humor, it is sarcasm.

TS - Thread Starter

sent by Wehlee

It is not Humor, it is sarcasm.

Umm, sarcasm is a form of humor. Unfortunately, sarcasm does not come across very well in this format.