Problem snapping background objects in 3D

silmore

Hi there Im new to this forum. I've been using acad 2004 for 3d drafting for a while but recently my old computer went down and i was assinged another one that has acad 2013 and Im still trying to get used to it but I ran into a dead end and maybe you guys know a way around.

when Im drawing a new object lets say a square over a wall with a window and attempt to snap the square to the underlaying object I cant snap it to it, it highlights the wall and it wont let me snap it to the window behind... I select the square tool and it highlights the top object with a dotted line and wond let me snap it anywhere else but that object.

What can I do??? how can I turn this off and use it like a classic acad 2004?

Thanks in advance...

Try setting CULLINGOBJ to 0, also CULLINGOBJSELECTION to 0. Going from memory but I think those are the ones to try.

Lets say I want to draw a line snapped to an object behind another... it wont snap to it... only to the object thats in the front...