Is it possible to apply dynamics to a blocks base point?

SAFeSTeR

Hi,

I'm updating my block library with dynamic rotations but I'm having trouble with blocks that do not have base points in their centre's. When I rotate the block the base point grip stays in it's original place. This can be a problem when I need to copy multiple instances of the block within the same drawing.

Is there a way to apply the dynamic rotation to the grip? I've tried selecting everything in the block editor when creating the rotation parameter but it seems the original base point is avoided during this process.

The base point is for when you insert the block so you can't select it for any dynamic action. When you create the rotation parameter are you clicking in the middle of the block? This will tell the parameter to rotate around this point, then when you create the action you select the parameter and objects you want to rotate. The block's base point is a separate parameter altogether.

The base point is for when you insert the block so you can't select it for any dynamic action. When you create the rotation parameter are you clicking in the middle of the block? This will tell the parameter to rotate around this point, then when you create the action you select the parameter and objects you want to rotate. The block's base point is a separate parameter altogether.

I pretty much know why it happens, I just need to know if there's a workaround.

Like I said in my original post, not all my blocks have their base points in the centre and these are the ones which are causing me problems. I place the base point in the location I need to use to attach them in my drawings. I rarely use the INSERT command to add them, it's quicker to copy them when the desired rotation has been applied but I then have to MOVE them instead of being able to pick the grip and place them where needed.

You can't use the grip of a rotate parameter to move a block from one place to another but you can use a point parameter to create a move action that works the same way as a base point. You can select the grip then move the block wherever you want. And no there's not a workaround that I know of concerning selecting the basepoint for a dynamic action.