'Statistics' Tab Missing from Properties Tab

lamensterms

Hi,

I have noticed that the 'Statistics' tab is missing from the Windows Properties tab (in Windows Explorer > right-click file > Properties).

Running ACAD2014 64bit, Windows 8.1 64bit.

The 'Statistics' tab appears when opening file properties on Window 7 64bit machines, and it will also appear when running DWGPROPS from within ACAD.

Has anyone experienced this before? Anyone know of a solution?

Thanks a lot for any help.

• 2 weeks later...

Is anyone able to confirm this behaviour? The support guys at the Autodesk forums have me jumping through all sorts of hoops trying to check compatibility with different file versions, user accounts, ACAD version, etc.

Thanks for the reply ReMark, I agree it is likely something in the way Windows handles this. Apparently it's the same for Win10. Just looking for some witnesses to confirm or deny the behaviour.

Of what importance is it? I think I've accessed that information only by accident and probably a couple of times at most.

Originally... I just wanted to check DWG editing time without having to open the drawings.

I'm also in the process of getting ACAD DWG properties to show in Windows Explorer (and Directory Opus) columns. Still a work in progress and the only way I have of viewing this information through Explorer is in the file properties. Eventually I won't need the file properties, it will be all about the columns.

Edited by lamensterms

Trying to accurately pin down DWG editing time is a lot like trying to nail down Jello. Maybe not as messy but still wholly inaccurate.

Are you running ProSteel in Windows 10?

I think you posted to the wrong thread. Your thread is down the hall, third door on the right.

BTW...the OP plainly states he is using Win8.1 not Win10.

Haha, yeah the editing time is a bit of a doosey, I was toying with the idea of using a 'time-tracking' drawing (opening in the background of working drawings) to try and track hours.

Hey Dadgad, I'm not running Win10 myself. I've got Win 7 at work and Win 8.1 at home. From what I have read, ProSteel SS7 is not Win 10 compatible. The upcoming release of SS8 should be fully Win10 compatible.

I guess I should also add... I'm working toward getting title block information showing in the Windows Explorer columns, using PROPULATE.

I've never tried playing with DwgProps until now. I was able to populate with PROPULATE but was not able to expose the info in Windows Explorer columns. I could see it under Properties >> Summary tab.

Have you explored JTB World's DWG Columns for Explorer: http://jtbworld.com/dwg-columns-for-explorer

As for a drawing time check out my CadTempo.

I think you posted to the wrong thread. Your thread is down the hall, third door on the right.

BTW...the OP plainly states he is using Win8.1 not Win10.

I knew that the OP also uses ProSteel, speed mis-reading prior to signing off for the night and shutting down, family was waiting to go out for dinner. :beer:

Edited by Dadgad