Tree Design

Madruga_SP

Hi all,

I'm newbie in autocad, and I'm trying to design a structure just like the attached image.

getty center los angeles

Could you help me, please?

Thanks

Getty Museum - LA (5).jpg

Tree.dwg

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Madruga_SP

• ReMark

• Dadgad

• resullins

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You're going to do this in 3D aren't you?

[ATTACH]58336[/ATTACH]

Awesome!!!

How could you do that?

Could you post the project?

Thanks

Use a circle and extrude or sweep it along the path of your tree profile then, as previously suggested, use the Array command, Polar option, to replicate your 3D object. Simple enough that posting the solution would be a disservice to you. Go ahead and give it a try. I know you can do it.

Use a circle and extrude or sweep it along the path of your tree profile then, as previously suggested, use the Array command, Polar option, to replicate your 3D object. Simple enough that posting the solution would be a disservice to you. Go ahead and give it a try. I know you can do it.

I don't know what to do.

TEST.jpg

Ok, if you look in REMARK's post, you need to look at the individual components... each of the green twigs is a component. Make ONE of them. All that is is a tube that follows the shape of your tree. Then you move to a top view and copy the same element so it rotates in a circle.

You're not going to get anyone here to do your work... you're going to have to try.

Make ONE of these using a small diameter circle and either sweep it or extrude along the path of the profile you created on layer ESTRUTURA. When done array the 3D object using the Polar option of the command.

TreeTwig.JPG

Ok, if you look in REMARK's post, you need to look at the individual components... each of the green twigs is a component. Make ONE of them. All that is is a tube that follows the shape of your tree. Then you move to a top view and copy the same element so it rotates in a circle.

You're not going to get anyone here to do your work... you're going to have to try.

I've made one component, but I couldn't move to the top view.

I'm trying...

test1.jpg

That looks like a 2D line you're just showing in an isometric view.

To move to the top view, go to the ribbon tab, VIEW > there's a drop down with Top, bottom, etc. views.

I would recommend that instead of using a Top view that you use one of the isometric views instead. You'll like the view better.

If he changes the coordinates by moving to a top view, he doesn't have to worry about which plane he's arraying in.

I would recommend that instead of using a Top view that you use one of the isometric views instead. You'll like the view better.

I couldn't doing that friends.

I'm trying to help a friend, and I've never designed a 3D object. :?

Yeah, that's fair... but changing the views that way changes the UCS as well, making arraying easier. I always alter my UCS, then shift+pan to rotate to what I want to look at.

I couldn't doing that friends.

I'm trying to help a friend, and I've never designed a 3D object. :?

Do you know how to reorient your UCS?

Have you ever created a polar array?

I created just the single component.

I don't know how to reorient the UCS to use array.

Yes, I think I can use polar array.

You can't work in 3D effectively without knowing how to reorient your UCS. There are two or three ways to accomplish the task. One way is via the command line and the UCS command. Another way is to use the Dynamic UCS feature. Or you can do it via the Ribbon but first you must be in the 3D modelling workspace. Are you utilizing the 3D modelling workspace?