Dblclk opens Visual Basic Editor

goldsphere

Hi All,

New member here. I have searched the web for an answer but seems like no else has this problem :o.

My windows 10 did an update :x and after restarting I have a quirk where double clicking on some text opens up Microsoft Visual basic with an error message:

Compile error:

Can't find project or library

Click OK and some text is highlighted in the editor,

GlobalSettings As Ks_ComGlobalSettings

Close the visual basic editor and it says it will stop the de******, click ok

and then I can edit the text as long as dblclkedit is set to on.

As you can imagine, it becomes extremely annoying after having to edit two bits of text.

Anyone know what is going on here and how I can get it back to not doing this? :?

This is probably simple but very thankful for any help.

Welcome to CADTutor. :)

I would have had some serious trepidations about running 2007 on Windows 10, but it sounds like you have been using it prior to this update without difficulties.

Or do you mean that as soon as you updated to Windows 10, for the first time, you are having this problem?

I have been scrupulously avoiding the free Windows 10 UPGRADE, as the ProSteel I use is not compatible.

Lots of folks using it though, so be patient, somebody will have some insight for you.

Yes, just this update. I've been using windows 10 for a while now and I would keep avoiding that "update" if I was you. :cry:

The double click seems to be pathed to my prosteel folder so not sure if the issue is there.

Found I can get around it for now by typing "ED" instead of doubleclicking.

I was told that ProSteel compatability goes through Autocad 2014 currently, and specifically that Windows 10 is not yet supported, this info from one of the developers of ProSteel.

From Autocad Help...

MTEXTED (System Variable)

Sets the application for editing multiline text objects.

Type: String

Saved in: Registry

Initial value: "Internal"

You can specify a different text editor for the MTEXT command. If you set MTEXTED to internal or to null (.), the In-Place Text Editor is displayed. If you set MTEXTED to “OldEditor”, the Multiline Text Editor is displayed. If you specify a path and the name of the executable file for another text editor or word processor, that path and file name instead are displayed instead.

Text editors other than the internal one show the formatting codes in paragraph text.

I don't know if it's possible that Win 10 changed the default text editor in AutoCad, but it re-writes a WHOLE bunch of DLL's, INI's and such, so anything can happen, especially with a version of AutoCad that Windows 10 does not support.

Hi Dana,

Thanks for replying.

MTEXTED was one of the first things I tried. I changed it to null to see what happens and it responds the same, being that it opens up the virtual basic with an error.

Its getting really annoying as I work so quickly that so much I do is like muscle memory, I keep having to stop myself before editing anything to type "ED".

I am thinking I will have to reinstall when I get some time to do so.

It originally occurred after an update and Autocad/Prosteel was taking a long time to load. I seem to remember windows defender doing something at the time as well, but not sure. The way that Windows 10 changes settings to suit itself every update is infuriating. It seems to like to set all videos to play on the default player every update, (not related problem, just saying).

I feel like it may have deleted a dll, but I can't find which one it would be.

Hmmm. MTEXTED wasn't it, then I am at a loss, especially with the Prosteel in the mix. Not at all familiar with it. Hopefully someone else will have another idea soon.

It could very well be an uncorrectable conflict with Win 10. Supposedly the oldest version of AutoCad that will run on Win 10 is 2016 SP2. I have AutoCad LT 2015 at home, and I have seen, according to AutoDesk, where it will have issues on Windows 10 that cannot be fixed, so I have not updated my OS yet.

I don't believe it is conflicting with Win10 because it has just started doing this.

I just noticed that it seems to load the .dvb file when it starts up and then turns doubleclick off.

Use System Variable MEASUREMENT to change the dimension system

Actual drawing is prepared to work with ProStructure 3D

_.VBALOAD

Command: Initializing VBA System...

Open VBA Project: KsmDoubleClick.dvb

Command:

Command: DBLCLKEDIT

Enter new value for DBLCLKEDIT : _OFF