DWG Properties in Directory Opus Columns

lamensterms

Hi,

I've been investigating the possibilities of getting DWG properties to display in Windows Explorer columns (and Directory Opus Explorer Replacement), which has led me to... http://jtbworld.com/dwg-columns-for-explorer#about

Which works great for Windows Explorer. Unfortunately it is not compatible with Directory Opus. I have been in-touch with JTB and they have advised me that it could be possible to update their program to include compatibility with DOpus, but have asked that I cover any development costs.

So... a couple of questions:

1. Are there any other Directory Opus users out there who would be interested in having support for DWG properties within DOpus columns - and help spread the financial load of the developer?

2. Are there any other options available for getting DWG properties into Windows (and other) Explorer? I have done quite a bit of searching and have not come up with much (other than the JTB program).

Thanks a lot for any help.

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update on this, the Directory Opus developers have lent a hand getting this sorted out. I'll post back when I have a solution.

Hey Patrick, thanks a lot for the reply.

Were you able to the the info from DWGPROPS visible in Windows Explorer columns using JTBs tool? What OS are you running?

I've managed to get JTBs tool to work well with Windows Explorer, hoping to get it going with Directory Opus soon (with the help of JTB & the DOpus developers).

I hadn't actually tried JTB's tool. I'm on Win 7 64 bit. My CadTempo program uses a Windows Explorer like view and I use custom columns to display drawing edit and elapsed time so I was interested in seeing if I could get DWGPROPS to display. From the looks of it as it stands I'm not able to but I know it's feasible.