page set up manager

GTM

Hi

I am switching between two different CTB occasionally and once changing the CTB in one paper space - Autocad have used to pop up a window and offer to make this changes apply for all the other paper spaces. It has stopped asking me, therefore I have to right click on every tab, selecting page setup manager and change CTB on each one, which takes a lot of time.

Does any one knows hot to bring this feature back? or suggest an alternative approach?

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...

ROBDRAW - I am using named plot styles - switching between them is the issue...

RKENT - I have tried looking in the system tab in Options, but could not find anything to do with CTB....

Thank you guys anyway

Don't give up so easily. Instead of switching between named page setups, change the ctb fpr the page setup. That message you were referring to would only appear, if the page setup that you are changing for is applied to other layouts. If you change the ctb for the layout and not the page setup definition, it will not appear, AFIK. I'm away from AutoCAD ATM and cannot verify.

I have created two main CTB that I am working with.both named and saved. when I need to publish with one of them I right click the paper space and in the page setup manager under Modify I change the CTB at the top right corner.Is that what you mean by changing the CTB for the page setup? I am trying to avoid doing it to every paper space individually....

I am not sure what you meant by applying it to other layouts, can you please explain.I have tried changing the paper space as well to see if the pop up windows will appear but it didn't, so again not sure how to change the page setup definition.NOT giving up yet :)

In addition I have tried different things in the System tab in Options, but apparently did the wrong thing as now I am receiving an error window when publishing : "Output-Unsaved Changes - One or more drawings have unsaved changes. Save the file so that a DSD file can be created". Would really appreciate it gone.

Okay, you didn't say you were using publisher. That makes things easier. I also misspoke earlier when I said "named plot styles". I meant to say "named page set-ups". Are you actually using named page set-ups? It sounds as if you aren't or don't know the workings of them. Once you get them working. They can be applied to the layouts and/or switched while in publisher. They can also be imported and applied to the layouts, again, while in publisher.

Do you know what a DSD file is? It's just the plot list. The file that is open when you start publisher needs to be saved in order to be able to save the DSD.

Sorry for being idle .. had too much going on. Well first I feel a bit foolish not knowing this....This will definitely solve the CTB issue.Now, I have set my own page set ups in my template file, but this seems to apply to new drawings only as for me to set all the existing layouts to my saved page set up, I have to change them each individually...which spoils the whole point. I'm still new to this so I might be doing something wrong - I will try different things and see how it goes.

With the DSD file - it's all good as I have succeeded to turn it off- no need for me to save the list - Thanks

for me to set all the existing layouts to my saved page set up, I have to change them each individually...which spoils the whole point.

You missed the part of my post where I said page set-ups can be applied through publisher. They don't even have to be present in the files. They can be imported and applied individually or globally. I keep a number of my most used ones in a file on my desktop for easy access. Check it out and come back if you can't figure it out. I'll walk you through it.

Hi

I am switching between two different CTB occasionally and once changing the CTB in one paper space - Autocad have used to pop up a window and offer to make this changes apply for all the other paper spaces. It has stopped asking me, therefore I have to right click on every tab, selecting page setup manager and change CTB on each one, which takes a lot of time.

Does any one knows hot to bring this feature back? or suggest an alternative approach?

Thank you

http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?80461-Page-Setup-Manager&p=851674&viewfull=1#post851674

This does that exactly, been using if for years. Save LayoutTools.lsp in the Support Path and use the macro:

^C^C^P(or C:MPageSetup (load "LayoutTools.lsp"));MPageSetup

• 6 months later...

Ok Its been a very very long pause and I hope you guys had a happy Xmas and great New year holiday!

As to switching between the plot sty;e table, I found an easier way to apply it on all tabs at once. it might be a shortcut, but it works for me and I thought I iwll share it in case it might help to others;

so instead of changing your plot style in the page set up manager, first go into plot and than change your ctb, ACAD automatically asks if this should be applied to all layouts. Done!:D

As for most things AutoCAD, there is more than one way to skin your CAD. Some are more functional than others and better functionally may not be necessary for some.