Line Work to Block

Mjones5

When I copy line work in one drawing and paste it into another drawing the line work converts to a block. I do not want the line work to convert to a block. Is there a setting I need to do?

Thanks,

Marcus

Have you tried the EXPLODE command?

You aren't inadvertently doing a "Paste as block" in the second drawing are you?

I can explode and all is good. I just copied and pasted again into the same drawing file. ctrl c then ctrl p. The line work converted to a block again. I also ctrl p the same line work into another drawing file and the line work does not convert to a block.

I usually right-click then hover over the Clipboard option. On the fly-out menu I will select Copy with Base Point. In the second drawing I'll repeat the process but use the Paste option. Usually works without a hassle.

I don't believe there is a setting you can change to make it work. It may have something to do with the version the drawing was created in or possibly edited/saved in at one time.

Everyone should try the Clipboard add-on by Autodesk Labs. Lets you keep multiple clips, gives a preview, lets you name each one, easily paste as block or not, easily export a clip to a separate drawing for use later.

http://apps.exchange.autodesk.com/ACD/Detail/Index?id=autodesk.appstore.exchange.autodesk.com%3aADNPlugins_ClipboardManager%3aen