Attribute tag uses capital letters - how to change it?

AutoCAD LT 2016

- type att

- type test_attribute as the attribute tag

- place it

- the attribute has name TEST_ATTRIBUTE

is there a setting that controls that behavior? I don't want to use capital letters. I can change it in Properties, but that's a workaroud.

I didn't try battman, but I can do it in Properties. It's annoying that I type small letters and -*boom*- they are capitals - I want to change that.

Same happens after I double click attribute to edit it.

Lord, grant me the strength to accept the things I cannot change,

the courage to change the things I can,

and the wisdom to know the difference.

I think this case falls into the category of wisdom, this is just how the program works. Though as you have discovered a bit of courage helps.

@ReMark:

1. Open blank drawing

2. type att

3. type tag as tag

4. Place the attribute - it will be TAG, not tag

Does it behave differently for you?

@steven-g: I'm from the linux/open source world, so I'm used to changing anything down to single bits in the system kernel. However it's windows/autocad, so I'm going to bend my neck and accept the reality if that how the designers of autocad decided (*)

(*) unless there is a setting to change it! :-D

I'll get full autocad in a next few days - I'll be back to post an update if something changes.

AutoCAD 2015 does the same thing. I'll have to be happy with the capitals (I'm working on excel to autocad link, so attributes have to match some fields in excel spreadsheet)

I wanted to avoid potential problems if string comparison or other string manipulation functions in VBA are case sensitive. Anyway I have all capitals in the excel spreadsheet now.

It's how the feature was designed to work. If you have a problem with it then you'll have to take it up with the programmers at AutoDesk. Maybe they weren't as forward thinking as you expected them to be.