request lisp assistance please - changing fonts on all my blocks from kalinga to Aria

mvrcad

Hi i have a whole heap of blocks that have text in them, for some reason they have all changed to Kalinga when i upgraded autocad.

Ive tried changing the text style but it doesn't work, i actually need to go in individually to each text and change the font to Arial.

is there a lisp program i could use to open a block, change all the text then save and close it?

comedil - ct180 data box.dwg

I downloaded the drawing and inserted it as a block in a new drawing. The first thing I checked were the styles of fonts that were loaded. There were three: Arial, Romans, and Arial Narrow. Kalinga was not a listed font. Do we have the correct block?

Edited by ReMark

Just off the hip. have you checked your font substitution? check the FONTALT and FONTMAP system variables? Sounds like a font is not correctly loading and the substitute font for it is taking over when you load it.

• 6 months later...

hi guys

the font alt seemed to work last time if i remember correctly

now it has happened again, weird.

ill try to remember to keep you guys up to date this time

ok that was weird. I went to options and font mapping, clicked on the file location, confirmed it was the exact same file location closed the options dialogue box

and then double clicked the cad block and it all changed to my desired fond... strange