Passing values of variables from VBA to LISP and vice versa

MJLM

Although initially ported under the VBA forum, I m posting this here as well as it may have better luck.

Hello all,

I ve been programming in lisp for quite some time having troubles to design descent graphical interfaces with DCL. To put it simply, DCL for me sucks. I though I could give a try using VBA instead which seems to be hell lot easier but I m having difficulties in understanding how could I pass variables from a form to Autolisp routine and vice versa. I ve been googling about it but got lost. Could somebody provide a small example for both directions or at least a good resource for beginners in VBA for Autocad?

Thank you.

Although initially ported under the VBA forum, I m posting this here as well as it may have better luck.

Hello all,

I ve been programming in lisp for quite some time having troubles to design descent graphical interfaces with DCL. To put it simply, DCL for me sucks. I though I could give a try using VBA instead which seems to be hell lot easier but I m having difficulties in understanding how could I pass variables from a form to Autolisp routine and vice versa. I ve been googling about it but got lost. Could somebody provide a small example for both directions or at least a good resource for beginners in VBA for Autocad?

Thank you.

Before you go the VBA route (which is fine also), have you looked at using OpenDCL? http://opendcl.com/wordpress/

Thank you but although familiar with openDCL, we cannot install it where the apps are supposed to run unfortunately, including the runtime. That s why I though I could give a try to VBA.

I tried the way on Afralisp website. Does it really work for only 5 variables?! I tried more and it gives error.