Inset dwg into another one.

Hi.

Need some help her.

I've 5 dwg drawings (each with a building) that I want to insert to another on wich is a city plan.

All of them are georeferenced.

1) Wich is the best command to do it? Inset, XREF or Attach?

2) Who designed them told me that the scale it«s the same between the 5 drawings and the city plan, and I don't need to define the insertion point. The question is, what are the steps to the insert remains correct?

Thanks

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Casusa

• RobDraw

• halam

• edwinprakoso

I would use XREF.

When you attach all the drawings, make sure you uncheck Specify on Screen and set the insertion point to 0,0,0.

I would use XREF.

When you attach all the drawings, make sure you uncheck Specify on Screen and set the insertion point to 0,0,0.

Hi.

But if i do that (set the insertion point to 0,0,0) the insertion point will be 0,0,0 and not the drawing coordinates?!

According to the information you have been given, you will see that they should come in at the proper coordinates. The building coordinates will be the same in the XREFing file. If you define an insertion point, you will be off by the same displacement.

Try it!

Then you probably need to verify that the coordinates, current coordinate system, base points, and units are correct, or at least matching, in each of the building files.

I don't do Civil stuff, so this is a best guess on my part.

Do you know if these -building- dwg's are autocad genuine or export from other software? Upload some picture to clarify what you get.

(check setvars inspoint and insunits too)

Do you know if these -building- dwg's are autocad genuine or export from other software? Upload some picture to clarify what you get.

(check setvars inspoint and insunits too)

I'm not sure probably fro microstation.

Don't you have someone there that can help you, or this something new and you are driving the bus?

Completely new to me.

Completely new to me.

I was trying to ask if you had any support/training available in the office. That is the best place to start.

I was trying to ask if you had any support/training available in the office. That is the best place to start.

No support.

Have you started verifying location coordinates, etc. as I suggested earlier?

Wich is the best way to do it?

I'm sorry but I don't have time to do a step by step tutorial. Plus, my methods are probably going to be different from ideal workflows in the civil world. I'll be more than willing to help you along the way, but you are going to have to take some initiative and figure out some things for yourself.

I'm sorry but I don't have time to do a step by step tutorial. Plus, my methods are probably going to be different from ideal workflows in the civil world. I'll be more than willing to help you along the way, but you are going to have to take some initiative and figure out some things for yourself.

Ok Thanks.