Find out who is using the network licence

bababarghi

Hi,

We have a single network licence of Vehicle Tracking shared between 20+ users. If the licence is already taken by one user, the others will see this message if they want to run it as well:

lic_error.png

I was wondering if there is a way for others to find out who has taken it? A username, computer name, IP address, or any sort of identity information

Sometimes the person who is using the licence, forgets to release it afterwards and we all have to circulate emails to find out who has got it.

Hi

On the network licence server, there is the licence manager software called lmtools. Run the Perform Status Enquiry under the server status tab. This will return the info u are after.

Regards

Jammie

Thanks jammie, but I am afraid that is something that only "office administrator" has access to it. I was hoping to get some sort of information (if any) in client level, not necessarily the admin :unsure:

Edited by bababarghi

We have a email group called Autoturn and send a email to all most times works, but I have admin rights and can kill a user using lmtools as above post.

It would make sense to have one person with rights to lmtools you don't have to be a top level Admin.