pitch and shape formula for threading in solidworks

mcshaun

Hello everybody,

I have quite a hard time getting the shape of my cutting tool to work when forming a thread in solidworks 2009. I get as much info as I can from the machinests handbok but I really don't understand it fully, noor is the handbook avalable at all times. is the handbook still avalable

to be bought? or does someone have a chart to use for threading in solidworks.

mcshaun

Mcshaun, what info exactly are you looking for? Typically you dont cut physical threads for anything more than images and you use thread callouts for machine documents. If you go a few posts down about cutting threads I made a free video on my site for how to model threads. Basic tap charts will give you basic info needed to model them.

As far as the handbook im sure you can find it online or even check your local library.

Mcshaun,

If you cannot find the Machinery's Handbook online, I have it in the PDF format stashed away somewhere. If you want to go through the trouble, and expense, you can print it out.

Get back to the Forum if you want me to post it, because I think I'm going to have to call Scotland Yard to find it.

Chubarka