AutoCAD R10 drawing issues

aggybooya

Hi all

First forum post here and I'm at my wit's end! I have an extensive archive of old AutoCAD drawings spanning various releases.

Recently I tried to open an old drawing (Hex View says its AC1006 so am I right in thinking this would be an R10 drawing?).

However, upon opening in True View or AutoCAD 2015, there are bits of the drawing completely missing, as if some layers have disappeared. I've tried switching all layers on to no avail.

Does anyone have any ideas of what I could try or am I missing some component which should have been with the drawing?

Thank you in advance.

AT

Welcome to CADTutor forum aggy. :)

Create a copy of your drawing, and try Recovering it, and or Audit.

Pay attention to the commandline, as you may gain some insight there.

Might you be at liberty to post an example of such a drawing, so we can experiment a bit with it, that would be the fastest way for the forum members, to help get you back in the saddle?

Welcome to CADTutor forum aggy. :)

Create a copy of your drawing, and try Recovering it, and or Audit.

Pay attention to the commandline, as you may gain some insight there.

Might you be at liberty to post an example of such a drawing, so we can experiment a bit with it, that would be the fastest way for the forum members, to help get you back in the saddle?

You sir, are a Gentleman and a Scholar! I use AutoCAD rarely these days so there are a lot of functions I'm not even aware of. However, recovering it actually worked. Happy days!

Thanks

AT