blipmode 0 - still shows blips on circles/arcs?

Hello.

I set blipmode to 0, however it still shows and leaves on screen "+" marks every time I move cursor over a circle or an arc during picking a point without even clicking. ("Center" is activated in osmode)

This probably has nothing to do with blipmode, so what am I missing here? how can I disable these marks?

Thanks.

Using Autocad2002

Edited by vanowm

Yes, zoom clears the marks. Grid has no effect.

Also I just realized, my description wasn't accurate (updated now), the marks only shows when a pick-a-point command is active (such as during drawing a line), once the command is finished they disapear.

Are you sure it's not OSNAPS that you are seeing? These "+" marks wouldn't be green in color now would they?

Perhaps it's part of osnap, in fact they do represent the center mark, however these + stay on screen when cursor is moved away

Imxcuh1.gif

So is there a way disable such behavior?

Turn off center OSnap.

But why would you not want to see them if you are using center?

They do go away when you finish the command.

Because center mark (the yellow circle) shows when I hover over an arc/circle and that's plenty enough for me. These blips just clutter the screen.

I'd see the benefit for this when center of an arc doesn't fit on screen so when zoomed out it wold be easier to find it, however it clears on zoom...

OSNAPS can be toggled On/Off using the F3 key.

If you have BLIPMODE set to OFF then there shouldn't be any "white" blips on your screen. Do you see any "white" "+" signs or not?

Perhaps it's part of osnap, in fact they do represent the center mark, however these + stay on screen when cursor is moved away

Imxcuh1.gif

Those are the OSnap indicators. The square is for endpoint, + is for center, a triangle would denote midpoint. All of these are depicted in your object snap settings dialog box if you would look. It ain't ghosts in the machine or a bad install or an AutoCAD quirk. It is NORMAL behavior when OSnaps are enabled.

Because center mark (the yellow circle) shows when I hover over an arc/circle and that's plenty enough for me. These blips just clutter the screen.

I'd see the benefit for this when center of an arc doesn't fit on screen so when zoomed out it wold be easier to find it, however it clears on zoom...

It's a useful visual indicator that is limited to 6 of them. How much clutter can that cause? Plus, all it takes is a simple small zoom to clear them. I don't think they can be turned off.

It's a useful visual indicator that is limited to 6 of them. How much clutter can that cause?
Oh, I didn't realize about that limit.

Sometimes I get to make white + in drawings and these blips just get in my way.

Try maybe

".BLIPMODE" turn it off

And the OP is using AutoCAD 2002 which means that the BLIPMODE command did NOT require the period preceding it. The command was made obsolete (retired?) at some point but never entirely removed from the program thus the reason for the in later releases.

I don't see it. Unless you are referring to turning off the markers, which I'm fairly certain is not desirable.