Beginner's question about matchprop command and ssget

sean112

Hello, all

I am a beginner trying to create a program that can help me to match text box from a fixed position to another text box.

Here is part of my code:

(command "matchprop" (ssget '(597.5 88.2)) (ssget "W" '(600 62) '(625 100)))

(command)

The region that I selected should be correct since the result sometimes works properly but sometimes not. The textbox is just a text, not mtext. The input value does not change the outcome.

Thanks ahead to everyone that responses.

I'm hoping someone will explain why "W" didn't work when I tried this, either. If I changed it to "_C" that seemed to work, though. Hmmm...

I'm hoping someone will explain why "W" didn't work when I tried this, either. If I changed it to "_C" that seemed to work, though. Hmmm...

with "W" entire object must fit into the selection region, with "C" all objects that even partially fit into the selection region will be selected as well. Perhaps that's applies to your case

also

Only objects visible in the drawing area at the time of selection will be selected by this method. Consider temporarily zooming to the selection window before performing the selection, and then zoom previous to restore the original screen position.

Man, I thought I had the window completely enclosing the texts, but must have been off. Works now. Thanks!

I spent about 3 hours trying to figure out why the fence, window and box work. And I found out it's just because the reference is not visible on the screen.:cry:

with "W" entire object must fit into the selection region, with "C" all objects that even partially fit into the selection region will be selected as well. Perhaps that's applies to your case

also

Thanks vanowm. The second quote really helped me. Do you by any chance know how to use "getstring" and let the user input with space? My version is 2014, and "/ntext" did not work for me.

Really appreciated.

I spent about 3 hours trying to figure out why the fence, window and box work. And I found out it's just because the reference is not visible on the screen.:cry:

Hello sean112, welcome to CADTutor. :)

If you are learning the fine art of writing your own lisps, you should know about

http://www.lee-mac.com/boundingbox.html

Thanks Lee! :beer:

Lee's excellent site has a special FUNCTIONS section for folks like yourself, learning the ropes, in addition to a wealth of highly evolved and broad ranging productivity enhancing lisps. By studying Lee's codes, you can reverse engineer, and get the jump on the learning curve!

I thought seeing this particular link might help you to explore new approaches to the task at hand, and that having an available library such as this would be a good tool. :)

Hello sean112, welcome to CADTutor. :)

If you are learning the fine art of writing your own lisps, you should know about

http://www.lee-mac.com/boundingbox.html

Thanks Lee! :beer:

Lee's excellent site has a special FUNCTIONS section for folks like yourself, learning the ropes, in addition to a wealth of highly evolved and broad ranging productivity enhancing lisps. By studying Lee's codes, you can reverse engineer, and get the jump on the learning curve!

I thought seeing this particular link might help you to explore new approaches to the task at hand, and that having an available library such as this would be a good tool. :)

Thanks Dadgad

Thanks vanowm. The second quote really helped me. Do you by any chance know how to use "getstring" and let the user input with space? My version is 2014, and "/ntext" did not work for me.

Really appreciated.

Online help for getstring explains it with examples.

http://help.autodesk.com/view/ACD/2017/ENU/?guid=GUID-B139EFBD-74B7-4276-B422-D2186F7D8D0A