Autocad Licensing

sheshu

I have two questions - I have procured AutoCAD Mechanical 2015:

1. Will the installation show both AutoCAD and AutoCAD Mechanical in the PCs Add - Remove program ?

2. Am I licensed to use both AutoCAD and AutoCAD Mechanical ?

3. What versions can I downgrade to ?

regards,

sheshu

AutoCAD Mechanical is considered a vertical product meaning it is built on top of plain AutoCAD thus you should have access to either depending on your needs.

What do you mean by "What versions can I downgrade to?" Why would you want to downgrade from ACAD Mech 2015 to another version? That makes no sense.

Why would you want to downgrade from ACAD Mech 2015 to another version?

Maybe to lower the maintenance/subscription costs?

But I suspect it's too late to worry about that, any change in license status at this point puts you on a rental plan AFAIK.

I dont have mechanical so if the comments following are wrong someone correct me.

You should have some desktop icons one which will be start mechanical as plain Autocad. if not post again.

Inside mechanical there shoudl be a "workspace" something like "drafting and annotation".

• 4 weeks later...

Some more questions on licensing :

1. I have a subscription for AutoCAD Mechanical. I want to install AutoCAD and AutoCAD Mechanical on two separate machines....is this allowed ?

I had this question in the beginning ....

Will the installation show both AutoCAD and AutoCAD Mechanical in the PCs Add - Remove program ?

You should be asking these question to your Autodesk Rep.

As far as installing the software on 2 computers, the way you have ask these questions leads me to believe you have only purchased 1 licence.

If so then only 1 can be used at a time if the software is on 2 computers. Autodesk usually allows for the software to be on a desktop and laptop so you can go into the field and use the software, that would be a single user. Or you could have it on a computer at work and at home allowing you to work from home or on weekends, again only one of the computers is being used at a time.

There should be 2 icons 1 for AutoCAD and 1 for AutoCAD Mechanical, so possibly each might be in the add/remove area.

Again CAD is standalone and Mechanical is the base CAD with added templates with mechanical items.

Having a subscription allows the user to load the program, an AutoCAD vertical product in this case, on two computers (usually a desktop and laptop although it could be two desktops) as long as the program is not used concurrently. You cannot separate out the program as AutoCAD Mechanical is built on top of plain AutoCAD.

I have two questions - I have procured AutoCAD Mechanical 2015:

1. Will the installation show both AutoCAD and AutoCAD Mechanical in the PCs Add - Remove program ?

2. Am I licensed to use both AutoCAD and AutoCAD Mechanical ?

3. What versions can I downgrade to ?

regards,

sheshu

1. Only Mechanical will show in the "uninstall or change a program".

2. AutoCAD Mechanical is just AutoCAD with add-ons integrated into it. You have one license. You can install on two machines but they can't be used at the same time. See License Agreement for full details.

3. No downgrades available.

When did you procure AutoCAD Mech 2015 and through what provider?

• 1 month later...

The OP need to go to his Autodesk account and view his available subscriptions. Any previous versions of AutoCAD that were under this current license will be there so if the license was bought in 2014 and renewed every year since then he will have access to 2014 up to 2017