Shading an area on the floor plan

Frannym

Hi All,

I am using CAD 2011 and need to shade an area which shows that it is tenanted. I would be grateful if anyone could assist me.

Many thanks

Franny

Hi All,

Thank you for your assistance, I really appreciate your help. After I draw the polyline and hit hatch and pick the internal points the whole thing freezes. Sometimes the hatch works but the chosen colour appears on the screen but then disappears. I am sure I am doing something really but don't know what.

Would appreciate any advice.

Big thanks

Franny

Hi Guys,

I have zipped the file but it is still to big to attach. After I draw the polyline around the area and hit hatch the command bar the reads 'Analysing data'. The whole thing then freezes. Not sure if it is a problem with the PC capability or CAD or possibly just me....

Big thanks

Franny

You can use a file sharing website like Dropbox and post a link to the file here at CADTutor.

How big is the file size of this drawing?

What are your system specs?

Are you trying to place hatching on a drawing that has been xref'd? It is much harder to work with an xref file for hatching.

Try setting HPSCALE to 48 before starting the hatch command.

Also try setting HPQUICKPREVIEW to off.