Dynamic block does strange things using input vs grip dragging.

Pizza! :shock:

My block is a simple arc that can be swept around a circle and retain an enclosed area, like an adjustable piece of pizza.

It works fine as long as I drag the grip, and mostly the input works too but there are certain sequences that mess it up, going past 180° mainly. Drag it to 90°, then type 340, it makes a concaved arc with a 20° fill, not 340°. At this point I have to do some undos because all input now makes a V with a huge bulge except back to 45° sometimes, well, I am including the file so you can see. I have lots of constraints to keep any of this from happening, there are no over-constraint warnings. The original horizontal line from 0,0 to 1,0 is constraint locked, but it can flip to -1,0 if done in the right (or wrong) sequence, the arc is inverted to a pline and constrained concentrically to a circle (on a different visibility state-off). I have learned over the years how quirky dynamic blocks can be, but some of them take so long to debug, it negates any time I'd save by just using multiple blocks, like many times over. Eventually I would like to put a polar array of slice cutlines every 30°, a nightmare of its own, tried it already, ugg.

Please debug this somebody!:?

Thanks much!

R.L.Hamm

Pizza Dynamic Block.dwg

Edited by rhgrafix
Corrected a typo and fixed "visibility state" part.

• 1 month later...

Did I stump the cad universe with this one? Hmmmm, I stil, haven't solved it so if anyone wants a challenge, it could be super easy, maybe something I'm overlooking? Thanks!