Strange behavior of files in Autocad LT

samifox

hi

this a wired transmittal drawings that has performance issues and size. in the full version i manage to deal with fine the full version.

please help my friend, he work with those files on vanilla autocad LT 2012

download

thanks in advance

Shay

The problem appears to be the enormous amount of linetypes, I have never experienced it but it is apparently a known problem, do a web search for various solutions, newer versions of the program have apparently fixed this. Good luck

Re: s2413-2-004.dwg

It's amazing what some CAD users can do to a drawing. How drawings get so chock full of crap is beyond me.

I got the file size pared down from 27.7MB to 508KB. I also got rid of all the plethora of oddball linetypes that were clogging up the drawing as well. I'm not sure of the origin of the linetypes either. Do you know if some content was brought over from Microstation? I couldn't definitively determine if that were the case.

Re: s2413-2-005.dwg

Pretty much the same results. Went from 16.9MB down to 684KB. One glitch...was unable to rid the drawing of two oddball linetypes.

Commands used to achieve above results were Overkill, -Purge > Regapps, -Purge > All, WBlock (more than once) and -EXPORTTOAUTOCAD. Tried using Audit after -Purge but it locked up AutoCAD. Ran it after doing the WBlock procedure and it worked with no problems.

Edited by ReMark

The problem appears to be the enormous amount of linetypes, I have never experienced it but it is apparently a known problem, do a web search for various solutions, newer versions of the program have apparently fixed this. Good luck

Thanks.

Re: s2413-2-004.dwg

It's amazing what some CAD users can do to a drawing. How drawings get so chock full of crap is beyond me.

I got the file size pared down from 27.7MB to 508KB. I also got rid of all the plethora of oddball linetypes that were clogging up the drawing as well. I'm not sure of the origin of the linetypes either. Do you know if some content was brought over from Microstation? I couldn't definitively determine if that were the case.

Re: s2413-2-005.dwg

Pretty much the same results. Went from 16.9MB down to 684KB. One glitch...was unable to rid the drawing of two oddball linetypes.

Commands used to achieve above results were Overkill, -Purge > Regapps, -Purge > All, WBlock (more than once) and -EXPORTTOAUTOCAD. Tried using Audit after -Purge but it locked up AutoCAD. Ran it after doing the WBlock procedure and it worked with no problems.

those drawings came from lots of sources, AEC, microstation,revit.

ill try what you seggest...thanx

Well the two drawings were some of the worst examples of what can be done with CAD that I've come across. Whoever approved of this method of creating and editing drawings should be fired.

Well the two drawings were some of the worst examples of what can be done with CAD that I've come across. Whoever approved of this method of creating and editing drawings should be fired.

Thanks you ReMark . my friend really sending you his blessing.

(WBlock really filtering out all the junk)

Definately experienced 100+ linetypes. There is some fixes to remove DGN linetypes but probably not for 2010, if that is what your using, a quick open in 2016 and purge removes orphaned DGN line types so save back to 2010 version. This may be very helpfull, you need to get some buddy time with some one, send dwg they purge send back, a couple of beers etc via paypal.

Remark orphaned dgn in 2015 purge ?

As stated, I was unable to remove two linetypes in one of the drawings. I can't say for sure they were DGN linetypes.