Attribute editing

GISdude

Hi all,

I'm trying to edit attributes in a block - about a hundred of them. I'm using ATTSYNC, but when I choose the block, the error"the selected block has no attributes". I look in the properties window and it lists it as a "block reference". I've tried BEDIT, but when I click it - no attributes show.

So, I'm curious if this "block" was created in some different fashion? Weird, that this has not come up before.

Many thx

Shot in the dark, and I'm not sure how much this'll help you, but it sounds to me like the block was created with attributes. The block was inserted and the attributes filled in. The block definition was later edited to remove the attribute definitions.

to change the values you should simply be able to double=click on each instance and type in the new values.

If you want to "put things back the way they were" so it speak, copy one of the block instances to one side and use burst or explode to recreate the block with the attribute definitions.

dJE

Thanks for the help guys. It seems like this block was created before - a long time ago and I posted about this before. What I ended up doing was using my newly created block(that I posted about before). Then I used ATTSYNC. Sorry about the confusion and wasting everyone's time. I'll bookmark this thread to make sure it don't happen again.:oops: