Inclined Blades on Inclined Surface and Curved Blades

Jacek1994

Hello everybody! I have a huge problem regarding my design; I am supposed to design 2 dyes one bottom and one top dye for muffin form production. It was going so far so well until the point I had to design the blades for both bottom dye and the top dye. The top dye has triangular inclined blades on inclined surface (both photos of what I have done so far, and of the dye will be included in this post) stopped after a while because I can't either Sweep or Extrude it. The Bottom dye has even bigger problem as the cut out for the top dye's blades are on the decline, curving in the middle to the right angle going down as the blades (photos to be included too). I have tried to polar array the bottom blades and make a sweep path for them, to no avail. For the top one I have to tried similar method and also tried to produce different dye and cut it also at angle, however both of the methods have turned out to be unsuccessful. I have run out of ideas unfortunately and with my subscription slowly running out I have decided that I have no more time to waste to try to figure this one out, I am beginning you guys to try to give me advise on the regards to it. If I would have SolidWorks I might have been able to finish this as it was program I have been taught at Uni, but AutoCAD subscription was way cheaper and that's why my boss went for it leaving me in the tunnel of depression for the whole last couple of weeks.

The top dye:

top1.jpg

Blades.png

The bottom dye:

bottom1.jpg

bottom2.jpg

bottom3.jpg

Capture1.png

Capture2.png

Edited by Jacek1994

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jacek1994

• ReMark

• Dadgad

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess someone else will have to assist you as I am not going to create a Google Drive account just to view some images. Sorry.

Thank you for providing the photos.

Let's start with the top dye. You said you stopped because you could not sweep or extrude it. Sweep or extrude what exactly?

Extrusion did not work on path array and even if it did as you can see it would have to go on upper incline and get smaller and extrusion does not work like this, and the sweep option does not allow me to sweep a path array as well unfortunately, I tried other method of shelling it by creating duplicate dye but higher but this has not given any outcome as well.

You did not specifically answer my question so I'll take a wild guess and assume you are talking about the flutes (or fins or whatever you want to call them). Have you tried lofting two triangles of different sizes?

I did try to but the path array won't let me loft it, and even if I did 1 blade wouldn't that cause problem to reproduce the blades again with path array ?

You rock dude!!! Thanks a lot, the top Dye was just completed, and only thanks to you cause I was getting design break down by now. Now with the bottom dye, should I do something similar with couple of angles in the different place in the design to loft?

Edited by Jacek1994

For the bottom dye I think the same approach might be worth exploring. However, creating a single flute will be more challenging given the images you have provided. The flutes appear to be more complex.

That's exactly what I was thinking, especially that where the flute starts to go down at the angle, I have recreated the angle on before revolving however I am still unsure if it was the right way to go about this.

Judging by the top view of the bottom dye that you posted previously a flute starts out as a truncated triangle before morphing into a true triangular shape then dropping over the edge to terminate at the bottom all the while decreasing in size. This is what you would have to create as a single entity. Once completed it can be polar arrayed.

ReMark thank you very much, right now the top and the bottom dye have been completed.

That's great news. Can you post an image of the dyes? Good job!:thumbsup:

There you go :)

The top Dye:

TOP_Completed.png

The bottom Dye:

BOTTOM_Completed_Top.png

BOTTOM_Completed_Bot.png

And current design project to complete the design for it; the Plunger which I am underway to finish:

PLUNGER.png

After this I feel like I would love another challenge :D Never was so brilliant with the design part on my course; I was thermodynamics lover :D

Can we get a better look at that bottom mold? A change of angle too will help in viewing the flutes.

Dadgad: All I did was suggest one possible approach which was easy; the OP did the difficult part.