Template Mystery

I can ignore it, but I'm just curious because until a few months ago it hadn't occurred with this template (or any other file) before. I always hate working with other people's drawings that I consider poorly constructed/organised and having random blocks/layers like this drives me nuts - so having it in one of my own files drives me even nuttier!! But it's just as much a curiosity thing...

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rooster

• RobDraw

• ReMark

• SLW210

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Some of your blocks in the drawing contain arrow heads, they are probably using the _ClosedBlank block. It is a DIMBLK created by AutoCAD, change the arrow for DIMBLK and see what changes in the template, replace that with your own arrow.

If _ClosedBlank is incorporated into one of my existing blocks, I should not be able to purge it, should I? Yet as soon as I open my previously-purged template it shows up as the only thing available to purge. But the last thing I did before saving the template was to purge this!! I'm mystified...

Slow day at the office?:lol:

OK...you want to get rid of the block? WBlock out the entire drawing and save it under a new name. Open the file and run the Insert command. Is the block listed?

Yes :)

And no, it's not listed after WBlock. I've now saved my new WBlocked drawing as a template, and _ClosedBlank is gone.... hurrah!! Still weird, though..

Thanks ReMark - your Quantum Mechanic status is well-deserved!

Don't be too quick with the praise. There is no guarantee the block won't return at some point. Now go grab a cup of coffee and get back to work. Time's a wastin'.

Just as an aside. I ran an audit of the drawing and it found literally hundreds of invalid layer references of some kind. I dunno what they were. Audit was speaking in AutoDesk gibberish. It fixed the errors but didn't erase anything.