Help making oblique projection

shadowblitz3

need help in my final plate, make this figure into oblique view with the upper right part removed

IMG_20160720_174539.jpg

similar to this one

IMG_20160701_094116.jpg

Does the assignment instructions actually use the word oblique? Personally, as regards the object (gear) you must draw, I don't see the benefit to creating an oblique view. In this situation I'd say an isometric view would be more preferable.

Edited by ReMark

well our instructor literally just said make a view of the object similar to that of the second figure's which I thought was in oblique view

Since he said "similar" I might interpret that as being isometric. Who's to say? So, for example, you might have this...

ISO_GEAR1.JPG

Add a little hatching and you're done.

IMHO, that type of projection is obsolete in CAD. I would make sure you are understanding the assignment correctly by checking with your instructor before proceeding.

it should be in oblique/cavalier view apparently according to a classmate I asked

Have you studied object orientations rules for the construction of oblique projection?

well our instructor literally just said make a view of the object similar to that of the second figure's which I thought was in oblique view

You are correct and you have a good example of what is wanted. What help are you actually needing? You draw the gear front view and then receding lines all at a common angle.

Make a front view drawing of the object then make a copy of it at and angle of 45° up to the right a distance of 0.75. Make another copy at an angle of 225° (45° down to the left) a distance of 1.37 (2.12-.75). Then edit as necessary.

oblique.JPG