Using Array in an isometric view

Hello and good Afternoon. I am currently working as an Architectural Drafter at an awning company and sometimes we have to do valances on an awning with a specific pattern such as a wave or a key. I have been trying to figure this out

using tutorials and videos but have had no luck. :unsure: My question is if someone knows how in isometric view do a pattern around a round awning such as a wave so that when you rotate around it it looks like it is facing you. I am attaching a couple of samples as to how I would like it to look.

I have used array, spline, 3 point curve, different UCS to get to round look, and possibly other solutions to get this but I don't know what would be the best and most efficient way...and correct way of going about this.

I would appreciate any help from any one who can tell me what to do.

Thank you,

Caduderound awning with valance.pdf

You can't use array in an isometric view, doesn't work that way. Lay it out the old fashion way or maybe draw that in 3 dimensions.

valance around awning.dwgI created this awning in 3d using isometric view. the way i was able to do the awning curve was through a three point arc. But now I'm trying to do the Valance of the awning have it be round or like the key one I have in this fire look round when you orbit it and not in a straight angle. The one with the key valance is created by someone else but I want to know how they managed to do that. I am including the drawing file. If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it. It would help me a lot at my job.

I do very little in true 3d but a go at it, look at the arcs repeat these small sections on bottom using polar array, use ELEV and set the height of the top of the notch draw the small top arc again array it, in 3d view you will see the top and bottom arc, join them. Repeat for top. Or make just 1 section top and bottom and array.

A lisp would make it a 3dpline.

The other way is using solids make a thin wall 1/2 tube then notch out the bits from the tube.

I have been placing the UCS with world view in the center and using polar array on the first section and then changing it to 180 or so instead of 360. it is a little time consuming but its the only way I can get something like this to work.

This is simple 3d solids start with arc draw a pline to represent the awning sheet a tall thin pline use rotate3d to stand up place on end of arc extrude using path you now have a bent sheet metal strip. Draw a pline wedge for the cutout, array to repeat pattern, use subtract to remove wedges from strip.

Screen Shot 07-25-16 at 12.47 PM.PNG

Screen Shot 07-25-16 at 12.48 PM.PNG