copy/paste from model to paper space

cat3appr

hello

I'm having quite an headache from this: I need to copy in paper space a dwg that I have in model space, but I don't succeed to get it in the right place.

My scale is 1:2000 so I know that by copying from model space i have to scale down 0.5 in paper space.

The 0,0 in paper space is the bottom left corner, but I don't succeed how to place exactly my block title from model space as it is, in the same position in paper space....

anyone has any idea?

thanks!

Screenshot - 22_07_2016 , 11_40_12.jpg

Screenshot - 22_07_2016 , 12_04_08.png

Lee Mac knows how to do that, like just about everything else, as evidenced by the awesome collection of lisps on his site.

http://www.lee-mac.com/ms2ps.html

thanks Lee! :beer:

No Dadgad, that's not what I need, I can't use viewports, please read my post.

i need to place the actual drawing into paperspace, in the same position, no viewports.

any idea?

thanks!

Have you not heard of the Change Space command? CHSPACE

http://www.ellenfinkelstein.com/acadblog/move-objects-between-model-and-paper-space/

I tried it, I got the error ** Command not allowed in Model Tab ** ... i need to copy stuff from model to paper... and it doesn't work

plus, it needs viewports, and I explained that I can't use viewports, i need to transfer the actual object...

I guess you didn't bother to click on the link I provided for an explanation on how to use the command.

I ran a test of my own by starting a new drawing and inserting my company's title block and border in model space. Then I switched to my layout, invoked the CHSPACE command and this is the result...

Command: CHSPACE

Select objects: Specify opposite corner: 1 found

Select objects:

1 object(s) changed from MODEL space to PAPER space.

Objects were scaled by a factor of 0.303316443675869 to maintain visual

appearance.

Bottom line. The command does work if you use it correctly. BTW, you will need to have ONE viewport in the layout.

You could use copy with base point and then insert it at (0,0).

Why didn't you just move it to where you need it to be?

You probably don't want it exactly at (0,0), depending on how set your page set-up.

You could have used a viewport so you could have utilized CHSPACE and then just erase the viewport if it was no longer needed.

I ran a second test in which a title block and border inserted in model space was moved to Layout1 via copy/paste and it worked just fine. I think you are rushing things and not paying attention to what AutoCAD is asking/telling you at the command line. Haste makes waste.

And I agree with RobDraw. The viewport created for use of the CHSPACE command can be erased after the command is successfully run. I forgot to mention that.

either i don't understand how to use this CHSPACE, or it doesn't work in my situation. this is what i did:

i created a viewport in paper, around the area in which there are the objects i want to transport from model to paper.

then i wrote CHSPACE, i was asked to select the objects, and i could only select the view port, so i did. then, enter.

i then went to model, erased everything, because i cant have anything there, and i was expecting to see the objects in the viewport in paper space.... but... everything got erased there too :D

basically i need to transport a few texts and the hatch, see red arrows, from model to paper, exactly in that position,

how does this work?

Screenshot - 22_07_2016 , 17_52_43.jpg

Screenshot - 22_07_2016 , 17_52_34_ver001.jpg

Before starting the command, activate the viewport.

activate? if i draw a viewport and it's already there and working, i assume it's already active ... and how do i activate? please guide me step by step

Before starting the command, activate the viewport.

It actually says that in the link I provided. It pays to carefully read and follow the instructions.

Double click inside the viewport to activate it. It sounds like you could use a class or two or some tutorials for basic AutoCAD.

It actually says that in the link I provided. It pays to carefully read and follow the instructions.

how do i activate a viewport.... do you mean that i have to select it with the mouse?

this is what i did, i selected the viewport, then CHSPACE... doesn't work.

Screenshot - 22_07_2016 , 18_04_06.jpg

You seem to be having your fair share of problems. Think about calling your local AutoDesk reseller and inquiring as to if they offer basic and advanced AutoCAD classes, when the next classes are scheduled and the cost.